1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Remeber this bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 6, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if anyone remembers my wife old Honda Valkyrie Trike.

Well, bad news the Valkyrie is dead, totaled. The lady who bought it from us went through a stop sign without stopping and was hit broadside.
    She got pretty messed up and the trike flipped over and landed on top of her pinning her to the ground. I think the insurance company will total it. Even the frame is bent as our the front forks.
    Gotta stop at those stop signs......:rolleyes:

Here are a few photo's first photo was when the wife still had it.

Attached Files:

• h 039.jpg
      h 039.jpg
      File size:
      51.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      91.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      98.6 KB
      Views:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sorry to hear of this.......glad she is still with us.....yup, got to stop. bad enough that others dont stop......makes it worse when we dont either............
  3. FLHTbiker

Was going down the freeway today on the way home from an event and this hopped up old Pontiac driven by a black dude switched lanes right into me. I had to make a quick maneuver onto the shoulder and he just kept going. Didn't even have time to get on the horn. He then swerved way over to the far right lane (3 lane freeway) and did a quick exit. Didn't have time to get off the freeway and even chase the dude down. Probably drinking or on drugs.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Hope the lady is going to alright , But like chuck you have to stop ! or things like this happen
  5. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Don't try chasing these clowns, they're oblivious to everyone around them except for cops, then they are model drivers. Let them crash and burn without you involved.

Best way to deal with people who come up on you quickly is to carry a few 1" rocks (or ball bearings) in your pocket. Toss them over your shoulder and get out of there quickly. They will be so stunned that they wont even try to catch you.
  6. chucktx

7. alex the dog

Hey Chucktx,
    Don't know what that means as I'm new to this forum, and never was a code talker.
  8. Panthera

Panthera New Member

welcome to the forum, it is a good place with great people, always willing to share advice, opinions, and stories.

I think that code means he's in love with you....... or wait, no, it means big grin!

:D
  9. chucktx

pay backs are a bitch!!!!!!!:D

the "code" was supposed to come out...:D:D
  10. FLHTbiker

The codes don't normally work unless you type something. Chuck in love :eek: :D
  11. alex the dog

Well OK then! (as the parole board said in "Raising Arizona"). Didn't mean to come across as a crazy when I recommended carrying rocks in your pocket, but sometimes you have to use extreme measures to protect yourself. I've survived riding motorcycles for 46 years by being very defensive around agressive drivers. It gets their attention, anyway.

Have ridden all of North America and South America on my H-D, and love the open road. I had 185,000 trouble-free miles on the previous bike, and already have 40,000 on my new one. I know, I'm a lucky man.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I have a lot in Nathrop, how long have you lived in BV?
  13. chucktx

i see your retired engineer...........did ya get to blow the horn????????:D
  14. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Hope she is OK. Shame about the trike but ultimately dead metal can be replaced.
  15. alex the dog

Sorry guys, my computer was down for a few days- no internet connectivity or something like that.

HarleysLR: I moved here in 2000 and love it. Cool, clean air. And the mountain riding is the best in the States. The bike looses some power when you're over 10,000 feet, but you have to go slow for the scenery anyway, right?

Do you spend any time up here, or is that lot for a future cabin? Have some friends that live up the road in Chalk Cliffs. Nice area!

Chucktx: I only got to blow the whistle when I retired. Now I get to do it every time our local politicians want to pull a fast one on the voters. They hate me.
  16. alex the dog

Sorry Ashley, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Hope she doesn't get gun-shy about riding again. Heck, even experienced riders have mishaps sometimes.