1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Removing the inj system 03 flht

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have not time to look at the manual , cant seem to find time to get to the shop
    I do have a intake leak found it today
    does it just drop out like the old shovel bendix carb style ?
    Bike 03 E Glide efi , I stop at a indy shop I trust they pulled the AC off & the back of new filter rubber gasket for lack of better word was comming apart & getting sucked into the intake , so I get home & start spraying some cleaner down it throte (sp) & see the leak front cyl so hit it with spray & yep there it was , so now to call HD & see about the gaskets :rant:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i believe they drop out similar to the carb......:)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You'll want to remove the tank for better access to the bolts.

No real good short cuts, find it takes longer

Pop fuel lines off tank and be careful of the internal orings

Intake comes off with 4 bolts, allen head, if your left side have not been changed to hex head bolts you might want to pick up two, much easier the angle to the allen heads is a PIA.

Gaskets just pop off, slip on new ones clean it up and ride.
  4. cowboy

Thank's HRK & chuck , & I just filled it up when I was out on Monday about 40 miles on the tank , so about 4 gal to empty :eek:
    Well I know what i'll be doing on saterday , NOT RIDING :angry:
  5. chucktx

flip on the lights and burn a bit of midnight oil!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If he does that he'll miss dancing with the stars and oprah! :D
  7. cowboy

Not on your best day there HRK heck even the wife don't watch them shows:puke: ,
    chuck where still fighting with the insurence Co over the damage's :fight: , in fact the wife is on the lap top now getting all the before & after pic's sent off , becauce the adjuster only did a half asz job & then said they don't pay for fence lines & we have that coverage written in & only paid for about one squer for roof repair & we have about 4+ SQ damage :cussing: :gah: :angry:
  8. chucktx

sorry to hear that cowboy.......but your not in that boat alone. i have heard of a lot of the same type of stories......you pay insurance and they try to weasel out of paying you..............sucks big time!!!!!! i just came in from the shop........one skeeter!!!!!!!! i am gonna say my system works!!!!:)
  9. cowboy

That's good to here about your skeeter stystem , I won't have my 17 mo old grand daughter on friday so I mught just turn off both pH 's & go hind in the shop & fix my bike :D
  10. chucktx

great idea!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
  11. cowboy

I thought so as well I just wont tell anyone:D
  12. cowboy

Well got to work on the bike last night , put the new intake gaskets in , The Tank fell over & put a small dent in the right front top :( no leaks now , & thank's HRK the hex head bolts are A lot easier to put in
    Still had the hig idel about 29 hundred call a good shop & the a good HD dealer both said if not the intake gaskets then it's the heat senser in the front head so off the the Good HD dealer put it in & it came down from 29 to 17 hundred & stop the backfireing , I need to put it all back together on sunday & ride it to see if it will come back down to 1000 wjere its set at
    any ideas will help :D