1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Reno Street Vibes...anyone else gonna show?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Street Vibrations starts Wednesday....I'll be there most days. Definitely be in Virginia City Saturday. Word is they made improvements so that the debacle last year, where Virginia Street in Reno was more of a ghost town than Virginia City in winter, won't occur again.

Check it out........Street Vibrations Fall Rally, Reno/Sparks, NV

:cheers:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Virgina City was a blast last year, I think everyone was up there during the day. Reno really lost out last year and I think from the sounds of it they realized it. Hope you have a good time and wished I could be there. :)
  3. Red Rider

The weather is going to be perfect this year, too!
  4. FLHTbiker

I know :gah: and I can't ride there. How are the motel prices this year?
    The place we stayed at in Virgina City was kind of a dump.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You guys are sooooo lucky. Lots of cool happenings out west.
  6. FLHTbiker

You ever thought about moving. What was that saying, go west young man go west?
  7. Fatboy128

I'd be in AZ right now if we didn't have to count on wifes salary supporting us. FN Obooma!
  8. Red Rider

I'm an hour east of Reno. I've got enough land and room for at least 4 tents on grass (a few more on dirt) and another good bit (4 more people?) indoors (floors w/mattress). If you're a Bike Talk regular, I'll gladly let ya hang here. 24hr access to latrine/sink/shower. Happily would throw a BBQ or two: burgers, chicken, hotdogs and veggies from our garden. Have a fire pit and two BBQ's, plus camping gear that is available (4 sleeping bags, two big tents, one single tent). BYOB or tea or sodas and we'll be good to go. Coffee or water available, free, whenever ya want.

But no drugs.....got two teen sons and two cops for neighbors! I have a good relationship with the Sheriff's Dept, and want to keep it that way, too. So getting too crazy need not happen here, unless you want to sober up in jail (and our local jail ain't as cushy as them California ones). No touching guns when ANY booze, wine or beer is in ya, either - will end bad, guaran-freekin'-teed. Just lookin' to share some mellow, good times...or you can just sleep!

Probably should have got this out sooner, but it is what it is......any takers? If I'd have thought of it sooner (yeah, I blew it) I could have begged Abby to come out for a book signing! PM me if interested.

P.S. - If you can't ride (FLHTbiker or anyone else) but want to show, you're still likely to be welcome. I even have room for a few trailers and 2 motorhomes.
  9. Fatboy128

Nice offer, very generous Red Rider. Wish I could. :(
  10. FLHTbiker

Got my 3 year old granddaughter's birthday party and grandsons soccer game this weekend, yea we actually got an invite. :)
    Sounds really good Red, maybe next year. I really don't think guys here are on drugs but never know and probably a good thing to let others know anyway. I like to have a couple cold beers but no more and that's about the extent of it anymore. :)

You still coming to the Crawdad festival here in Tualatin?:)
  11. FLHTbiker

You need to hurry up and move out to AZ, got another friend there that lives in Prescott Valley. Good location with good weather year around.
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time there Red. I hope that you have fun:D
  13. Red Rider

The offer is still there, but since I was so darn late in getting it out I understand that there may be few takers (I've got about four that I'll be riding with, only one taking a bed space, though, right now). But, folks, let's think about next year (even though some of us hate planning ahead that far). The weather pattern across the USA is lookin' good this year, maybe next year it can be as good? Maybe we could convince a certain famous author to show up for a book signing then? I know I'd be very happy to see HarleysLR there, as I owe him a conversation where I am not so burnt out and blasted that I can barely get syllables together, let alone words! I blame alexthedog for that from the day before - NOT! My fault, as I ate and drank too much more even after our lunch. Oh well.

I rode Lake Tahoe this past weekend, and stayed on the shore. Friggin' perfect. Though I still felt there were too many trees blocking the sky - its a Nevada thing! I've got to get those pics downloaded, then do that resizing BS.
  14. FLHTbiker

I've always wanted to ride around Lake Tahoe.

Wife and I were married at that old white Church next to the Ponderosa Ranch (Bonanza) in 94. We even had a real minister come in from Tahoe to do the ceremony, was fun. Yea, were still married. :D
  15. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer..gotta work tho. hope you get some good company and have some fun
  16. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Next year. Hopefully I won't have to be working.