1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Reputable Springer Frontend Manufacturers???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Danceswithempties, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Danceswithempties

Danceswithempties New Member

I'm finally going to put that springer front end on my 07 FXSTC this fall. I know of Pacho & DNA and would be looking for a complete kit or one that will allow me to use as much of the original H.D. parts as possible on the new front end. Can you guys recommend other companies other than H.D. (cost prohibitive) I should be looking at, or should steer clear of?
    A side note: I bought this bike already raked & extended. Does anyone know the stock dimensions on a 2007 FXSTC? The frame is still stock & believe the head angle is 32 degrees.?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I look into a guy down in Florida called Jeri's Springers. They are completely custom built for what you want. He has done a lot of stuff for OCC in the early days. A good example of his stuff is on the POW/MIA bike by OCC.
  3. Wideglide85

Wideglide85 Active Member

Redneck Engineering also builds front ends according to your needs. I've seen a few inexpensive springers out there, but I wouldn't trust my life to them. When/if I ever put a springer on my wide glide, I'll probably go with the Paughco. They also supply all the brackets & brake doo-dads that you're gonna need.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

+1 on paucho.......
  5. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

What about Denver's Choppers in Las Vegas. They make em too, I think.
  6. Danceswithempties

Any advantages of a bushing built springer over one assembled using bearings? From what little I've read about it so far, my thinking is that bearings will give me less hassles & more life. I know that thinking may limit my options, but is a correct assumption?
    This is no show bike & I just want a hassle free, "for a springer", ride....
    Thanks I'll check Jeri's, Redneck & Denver's!
    That's the bike in my avatar. That rake & extension, only in a springer is what I want.
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

They prolly both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
    I would reccomend speaking with the manufactuers for that info.
    Good luck.
  8. Danceswithempties

I am also going to try & get a hold of the guys over at American Suspension. Anybody here ever used their front ends?