1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Retrieving codes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bushwackerhd, Sep 7, 2009.

1. bushwackerhd

bushwackerhd New Member

I remember seeing it on here but can't find it now, 03 Ultra check engine light comes on when riding. Didn't see anything in service manual but probably over looked it. what is the procedure for retreiving codes, any help would help.

Thanks Tom
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

3. bushwackerhd

bushwackerhd New Member

Lucifer;
    Went threw the prcedure this is what came up,
    held reset turn on ignition;
    do1set
    do2clr
    do3clr
    do4clr
    do5clr
    do6clr
    do7clr
    do8clr
    do9clr
    d10clr
    PPU
    In between each code I pushed the reset button once. In the begining the word "diag" never came up. Maybe I 'm doing something wrong but I did it a few times and came up with the same. Maybe somebody else had the same problem and can clue me in to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks Tom
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

check the SM for the steps

Under the seat is a grey connector with a rubber boot on the top, pop off the rubber boot
    now jumper two of the wires (get the wire numbers from the SM) when you turn on the igntion and the run switch with the wires jumpered the light will flash in sequence

one flash, pause three flashes - code 13

and it will repeat until you let go.

Be sure to get the proper pins crossed, don't play around and blow fuses get the Sm and get the right pins jumped...

the list of codes is in the SM..

It is not in the HD owners manual but the SM which you can buy at any dealer.
  5. bushwackerhd

bushwackerhd New Member

Hopefully in the next couple of days I will get a chance to look at it

Thanks
  6. bushwackerhd

bushwackerhd New Member

Problem fixed itself last year but returned this year again. Tryed the same seqeunse and the only thing that changed was the mileage reading with the last push of the reset. Looked in service manual for which two wires to jump out and couldn't find anything, what heading would you look under? Would it make a difference that I have a SE race tuner in it.

03 Ultra

Tom
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

No I will see if I can find the
    stuff in my SM, if you toggle the switch (ignition) on and off (not the run button) 50 times it will clear the code.