1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Revolution performance 1250 upgrade

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by tim, Mar 28, 2008.

1. tim

tim New Member

Hi everybody , Been awhile since i posted but finally the conversion is done to the 1250 kit. What a difference in power and drivability between the 883 and the 1250. Still in the break in mode about 200 miles so far need another 300. I cannot wait to be able to crank it up and see what it really has although i am a little worried about the clutch being able to handle the extra power but we will see.:D
    Ken still have the 45 pilot in and from where it seems to be going it will be real close to the settings that i had with the 883 except for the change to the main.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hi tim, glad ya get it back to gether.....need to post a pic or two of it!!!! stay safe and have fun!! the clutch should be fine and handle the extra ponies.....as long as ya dont do a lot of drag raceing!!!!!:roflmao: .....................:)
  3. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Set properly, the stock clutch will be just fine.

Ran a stock Sportster clutch in a Land-Speed-Record bike for 2 years that made 167 HP & was geared so tall (final drive sprockets) it'd go 77 mph in 1st gear. Sticky radial tire on a concrete track @ several events too - if that combo won't kill a clutch I don't know what will.

Matter of fact, that same clutch/transmission & even stock starter is in another LSR bike that's going together now - the clutch is now over 6 years old & the transmission/starter came out of another bike back in 2001 - don't even know how old they are. Those parts are pretty much "bulletproof" if they're set up right.
  4. tim

tim New Member

Hi Chuck , posted a couple photos in the photo gallery
    tim
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice, thanks!!!!!!!!:)