1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ride by the river in Ga

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Mar 29, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

ok I am planning out a few rides but want something to do on the weekend "take offs" call homw and say"Guess where I am?" . 2years ago we took off and went to Ga. to see my buddy's son "graduate" from basic. The next day we popped into this little town for an event called, A ride by the river. I loved it it was nothing huge at all but food fun,music, and hospitality. Thinking about heading that way again. Just take off on a Friday morn. shoot thru and hang out till Sunday then shoot home. But where was I? Anyone I think I asked about this b4.
  2. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I've never heard of "ride by the river" but I will name some places it could have been and it may ring a bell. Since you mentioned basic training it could have been in Columbus. They have a large military base (Fort Benning) and also a river. Augusta and Savannah are the only other cities I can think of that may have a ride like this. Both have military bases close by. Hope it helps.
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

yup

it was up form Fort B. I had posted a while back after the trip and some one knew of it. the owner of the HD shop in/around Columbus told us about it.