1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ride With a F-18 Hornet Fighter

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 6, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

looks like fun to me
    My dad was invited to fly with the t-birds one year, but he was afraid to fly after ww2. tobad
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

put me in one, strap me down and give me 10 barf bags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i hope i need them all!!!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

think i'll keep my happy feet on the ground :D
  5. FLHTbiker

I always loved to fly but at my age now it would probably be a short flight as I would puke all over the back of the pilots helmet and back.
  6. CD

CD Guest

Got a few hours in Phantoms (RF4C, F4E) including a hop from Hickam to Osan and a few turns and burns playing air to air but the most fun I ever had was my retirement hop in an F16D while at MacDill. I took the controls after gear up and we went vertical to 25k and pulled through at the top looking down at Tampa. Flew out over the Gulf and did some Turnin' and Burnin' for awhile and then joined in a 4 v 4 as a surprise bad guy. Greyed out at about 6 g's and we were yankin' and crankin' for about 15 minutes. Gotta tell ya. it still puts a big ass grin on my old mug... I miss flying more than riding... Riding gave me freedom and the wind in my hait (when I still had some) but flying? It'll put fire in your soul and more freedom than any ride will ever give you....
  7. FLHTbiker

That sounds cool CD, :)
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I'd love to try that!!! Doubt it'll ever happpen though!!!:)
  9. FLHTbiker

My best flight was in a two seater Grumman flown by an old retired WWII P-51 pilot. We went up over the Willamette Valley here in Oregon and I swear that 70 year old guy was trying to fly that Grumman like he was still back in WWII. He was amazing how he could still fly. Sad thing now is he has Alzheimer's and is now in a nursing home and can't even remember those great stories he had.
    I can't imagine flying in a F-18 it would be cool though but I would need to be a lot younger.
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ah - It's more fun to jump out of them than it is to fly em!
  11. FLHTbiker

Almost had to leaving Da Nang in Vietnam, except there were no chutes. :eek: