1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ridin

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 25, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Its been cold and rainin, and rainin, and rainin. Its suppose to quit rainin tonite and going to 62* tomorrow, 67* sunday and 71* monday. I got ridin on my mind. Will hammer out some miles this weekend. Probaly will ride monday too.

Anybody else riding this weekend. Hello ! :chopper:
  2. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Rode last night, the rodes were empty and dry, I have the 1 1/4" drop block, and as I turned I heard that scrunch that the road to floor boards make. Had a great time. I will be riding again if the the chance comes up again.
  3. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Freezing rain and sleet yesterday, Friday, but I'm waiting for the sun this afternoon. Temp is supposed to be mid 50s to 60 this afternoon and upper
    60's tomorrow. Come on Sun
  4. detailer57

detailer57 New Member

Saturday was nice in AZ. Sunday rain, rain, rain, sucked.:gah:
    Crappy wet to ride to work today. Hoping tuesday is ok. The cold, rain is killin me. I am spoiled. usually ride the bike to work. I have spend over $400.00 this month just on gas because it has been to cold or wet to ride. Truck 12 mpg. FXD 40+ mpg. hmmmm Fun factor Truck when not wheeling 2 FXD to infiniti and beyond:D

I am not a nice person when I can't ride.:angry:
  5. SK

SK New Member

I understand the difference between getting low mileage in my Dodge PU w/V8 than the motorcycle, but damn..we need rain in the southwest something fierce. Can't rely on a dwindling Colorado River for water as dry as it's been the past few years. Been able to shut off the sprinkers here in Las Vegas lately where water is expensive.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

7. detailer57

detailer57 New Member

Went for a short ride yesterday after work with a friend. It was so nice. The road we were on has almost no traffic. We cruised at about 75 mph, for about 30 miles and we saw a total of 6 cars. Great road. Then cruised over for dinner at in/out burger. We had to get on the freeway and cruzed at around 80 mph. (any slower and we would have been run over).

Felt good. this weekend should be good.
    Just have to stay away from the stadium, I think they have something going on there on Sunday:rolleyes:
  8. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

This past Monday, me and a couple more rode up to Chattanooga for another military funeral. We went with the Patriot Guard. It was 28 degrees when we left and had to go about 85 miles on I-75 at 75-80 mph. We were pretty well froze by the time we got there but it was well worth the effort. You can't do too much for these families who are giving up 20 year old sons. These are sad occasions but thankfully, they are getting fewer and fewer since the surge is working. Keep our troops in your prayers.
    Slim
  9. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Sun and Mid 60's today. Looks like the chores won't get done today.
    I can't sleep at night just waiting for the sun to come up just waiting to ride and I get mad when it gets dark. Does this ever end? I hope not.
  10. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Well Crap,
    It was a great day to ride today. It would have been a better day if the gravel on a sharp curve had not have thrown me the curve.
    No broken bones but the concrete culvert messed the bike up from headlight to tail light.:banghead:
    I'm thankful for not having any serious injury but it sure hurts to see the bike.
    Anyone been there?
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man that sucks , good to here your ok ,bike parts can be replaced & yes it's been a while but been there
  12. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Glad you're Ok, bike can be repaired.....