1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Riding on Cut Glass

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 4, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

A friends son was on his Harley , girl was texting in a car that come in his lane and hit him head on.

Another dude I know that drives a yellow road glide had a girl to pull out in front of him. He's also dead..
    I was coming back from town yesterday on a farm road. Looked at a curve in front of me and one truck was passing another truck on a yellow line headed right for the front end my bike. I had to git on the brakes and git on the edge of the road .
    WTF is wrong with people.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's horrible about your friends son. I had to pull off to the side of the road when a car was passing on rolling hills. There is definitely something wrong with many people today. After they hit and kill you they always say I'm sorry, or I didn't see them, big deal.
    I pulled up next to a young women at a stop light while on the bike and she was on her cell phone. I yelled at her to get off her phone, she just flipped me off:rolleyes: they don't care.

Sad the way society is turning out.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Their shirt is more important than others shirt so they figure go f yerselves.
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

To them there is no other world out there, just them. Always gonna be like that sorry to say. YOU gotta do your best to spot them, they'll kill ya. :witsend:
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Coming home from work last Friday, up I 40 to Asheville. Motor Home decided they had to switch lanes and out run all the traffic up the steepest Interstate in Eastern US. Yep, I was right in their way... brake hard, dive left...thank God left was open!
  6. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

CB, sorry about your friends son... I can not imagine the grief...
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Happens all the time around here, too. I have yelled at cell users. one time at a light a guy comes up behind me pretty fast and stops within inches of back ending me. Scared me. I turned and made the sign for phoning and shook my head "NO" and he flipped me off. I could see the words form on his stupid mouth "f*** you". Got the double whammy from another pin head driver, but at least I didn't get rear ended. I was at the same time thankful and pissed.

I'm certain cell phone users while driving cause more accidents than statistic show 'cause people can hide it after the fact and say, "I didn't see him". They are breaking the law using the phone, so I expect it's no big leap to be a liar, too.
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

That sux...I too have had a few close calls...
  9. cardboard

Another reason I bought the bright ass light tail light. Hoping it would mark them see me better.
  10. FLHTbiker

Yep, my tail/brake light system on my bike is very bright, you can't get it any better but they can still say I didn't see him.

Just got an email from my sister in central Oregon and said a biker was rear ended and killed yesterday up the road from her house. Yea can't fix stupid but we all have to be constantly aware of our surroundings of what's going on around us.
  11. cardboard

12. FLHTbiker

13. cardboard

When I was in Arkansas meeting a bunch of folks at Eureka Springs.
    The folks coming down the hills said they could see my brake light and it ficker a mile away.:D
  14. FLHTbiker

That's cool the brighter the better.

I seen a Goldwing all lit up with lights one evening when he pulled into a stop. Then I heard another rider proclaim, its the Star Ship Enterprise :roflmao: man you should have seen the lights on that bike.
  15. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

In N/Y they want to push seatbelt laws not abuse of the phone. I am willing to take responsibility of my actions if I wear a belt or not in a car. It is totaly the insurance companys that push that. There needs to be a better way to hold the public accountable for there stupidity. Maybe they should save the money that is spent on striping the roads and directing it towards prosecuting people that ignore the common rules that help protect everyone.
  16. cardboard

Big brother needs to stay out of people's life.
    It should be my decision if I have the proper insurance .
    Enough people ain't telling enough politicians what they want.
    I call my senators and send the mil all the time
  17. FLHTbiker

Every Friday myself and 4 others meet down at the Echo Inn for dinner and whatever they want to drink. The Arnold Palmers are pretty good. Anyway sitting in there tonight we hear a loud bang. We all head out to check our bikes and here is a 20's something blond sitting in her car. She just pulled out in front of a county sheriff and nailed him in the front end. Her head was down on the steering wheel like OS did I just F-Up. There out there so be on the look out for them.