1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Riding

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I have been riding all winter, on the Yamaha, in the ice, grit, road salt. The Yamaha still runs fine after 6 winters, though has recently had a new clutch. The salt has not killed the electrics and the corrosion is not too bad.

Today it got up to 16C in London UK, about 60F for you guys. I got home from work a bit earlier than planned and took the Harley out, a fun hour of late afternoon and early evening riding. It was good.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great ashley!!!! always nice to throw a leg over the harley. sounds like spring is just around the corner!!! hope ya took the wife mate with you!!
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Yep - Docs orders! - best therephy (sp) you can give yourself. Had two beautiful days to ride then winter dropped back in for another week or so. :mad:
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Riding is indeed fun, and the Harley is a lot more fun than the V-Star.

I have been lazy and taken the Harley in for a service today, pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Right now I work full time, so do not really have daylight hours for wrenching unless I give up weekend riding time. This is probably the last time I am going to pay for a service, I retire in July, then I will have the time to do it myself, and probably should do on the grounds of less cash to spare on what I can do myself.

It will be getting a bit cooler over the weekend, maybe a bit of light frost overnight, but the days look good. Have booked a weekend away, not very far, but it will be good to get away. So tomorrow pick up the bike and go riding. The first weekend away on the bike for this year.
  5. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

It was a nice trip albeit not very far away.

There are some more details here
    Shillingford
    Which does not include much bike related, but thanks Chuck

We had a really nice ride home today, staying off the highways, winding roads through the Chiltern Hills. There were some bits of frost around but the roads were dry and when the sun came out it helped take the chill out of the air. Part way home I changed to warmer gloves, and briefly wished I had the windshield fitted, but it is fun riding without it.

May be riding again next weekend. I should go and see my brother, he is in hospital (long story). How I do this depends on a few things, sorting out leave from work and the marginal riding weather being the two main factors. If the weather is bad we can hire a cage, but I can hope not.