1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rine Hart Mufflers

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Oct 10, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm thinking of putting Rine Hart slip-on mufflers on my 2008 Street Glide. I don't want to change the intake or put on true duals. The part # is 1801-0100 for the mufflers. Just wanted to know if I'm going to have running issues. I wasn't wanting to change the computer or put a tuner on. Does anyone know if I'm going to have problems?

Kevin
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

I put the Rinehart slip ons on my '08 Ultra this spring right after I got it. I also put on a Arlan Ness Big Sucker air cleaner on at the same time. My bike was running very lean after that. In April there were not any good options on the '08 with throttle by wire so I went we the download to richen it up a bit. Now there are better options available for the '08 touring bikes so I will have something to play with this winter. I am planning on adding true Duals and probably a Power Commander now that they got the bugs out for the '08's.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if all you are doing is adding the slipons, you should not have any problems. if you open up the intake also, you will need to adress the puter......have fun!!!!:)
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

if you just change the mufflers , just keep a eye on your spark plugs , they will tell you if you need to play with the computer
  5. 05glide

05glide New Member

If you like the Rine Hart slip-on's then put'm on. Listen to Cowboy and watch your spark pulg, it will tell you if you need to adjust the mix. but when you open up the intake, and I'm betting you will want to, you will need to bite the bullet and get a tuner. I have the raceeeeee tuner and love it. Now I'm not one to turn wrenchs, I leave that to someone who know what he's doing. But I do know you can't open up the exhaust and the intake and not have it affect your fuel flow requirements. So, get those slip-on's and start looking at what intake you will be getting next ;) and add a tuner to the intake picture.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The answer is no, you will not have a problem with just adding the mufflers. If you change the air intake with adding mufflers then that's where you will need a tuner, just mufflers no.