1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Road king seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by eskimorider, Mar 27, 2008.

1. eskimorider

eskimorider New Member

I have a 02 Road king that started life as a classic and had new tins added with hard bags. The problem, and I've seen it before, is that the Classic road king seat rubs on the forward inside corner of the saddlebag cover. Mine;s not too bad now but if left unchecked could do more damage. I'm looking at one of two options. Either to find a new seat that is narrower and still comfortable, or to add some shims to the saddlbag mounts to move the bag out farther from the seat. Any sugestions on seats or has anyone addressed this problem successfully?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if i could not find a comfortable seat, i would shim the bags out a bit. shimming would be a lot cheaper than a seat, and a piece of cake to do!!!!!:)
  3. eskimorider

eskimorider New Member

yo chuck

The bike's in for an engine build right now and when I get it back I'll shim the bags and see if I can get the clearance that I need.

THX Chuck
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008