1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Road rash

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by drillsarge, Jul 8, 2007.

1. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

got my first case of road rash on july 4 nothing major,skinned up knee and elbow and my pride. had just installed new pads and rotors and went for a spin to check the brakes. stopped, let out the clutch, throttle stuck and kissed the curb. broke a foot peg and really hurt my pride but what do they say pride goeth before the fall:)
  2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine today. Four of us were out for a spin when the first in the line went to pull over onto an approach. He had a back pack strapped to his bag, which had slipped down during the ride and covered his brake light and indicators. Needless to say that the 2nd in the group didn't know he was slowing and turning... the 2nd ended up clipping the bike of the 1st, and then the 2nd took the ditch. Not at a high speed or anything, but still did some damage to the bike... the worst of it was the damage to the pride. (And for those who are wondering, I was NOT involved... I was riding 4th on the group, thank God!) Cheers, bro... there's worse things than scraped up pride... :devil:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad it was only road rash........could have been worse.....take care, the pride thing dont last to long.....:)
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Glad no serious damage was done.:)

Peyts - Another reminder of why I rarely ride with others! Let's face it, covered lights or not, the #2 rider should have ridden smarter.
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Good thing nobody was busted up too bad. Pride goes down like crow, and comes back just the same. (does that even make sense??) I hope you get my drift. :confused: Hey, sh*t happens ya know?!
  6. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Im sure nobody saw ya.....when I first started riding I had a suscki...I went to my wifes work to meet her for a bit & locked the forks before I went in.....came out & went to take off....forks still locked. I bit the asphalt. same thing...F'd up a peg, my pride, & learned a lesson.
  7. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

it does my heart good to know I aint the only one:cheers: here's to us all:cool:
  8. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yeah.....well, it aint the kind of thing you go around braggin about...ya know ?
  9. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

wasn't meaning to brag no disrespect intended
  10. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

None taken.....I meant that its nothin that WE (the recievers of said rash) would brag about.
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Im just glad nobody saw me :roflmao:
  12. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Life is good live long and prosper:D
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya I think we all have done some not so smart moves & forget to mention them:roflmao:
    :cool:
  14. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

When I was in the Navy, we called them "Dumb-ass Attacks". I've had my share. :D
  15. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Red Rider - Agree with you 100% about Ride #2... though I LOVE riding with other people... I think it makes the trip more intersting.
  16. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

funny how pride gets in the way,
    for me, when i went down, i locked myself in the house and told no one while i healed up. was to embarrassed to let people know that a rider of over 25 years went down, 3 times in 25 years ....really aint that bad..... but the odds are stacked against ius if we ride a lot, and i ride a lot.....
    but as always i let my pride get in the way,
    but i am learnig at a late age to suck it up...

TRG
  17. louis777

louis777 New Member

Boots

I always wear boots.last week slipped on a pair of shoes and didn't realise that they were muddy.stopped at a stop sign,put my foot down and next thing I know the bike is laying side ways on my foot.at least my foot was between the road and my bike.no damage to the bike but i have my limp back.The Dyna is not a light bike to pick up when you only have one leg free.

ride safe and keep your boots on.(and yes there were witnesses)
  18. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

It always amazes me to see guys out there riding with flip-flops & shorts on...I always wear jeans, boots, & depending on weather...gloves & a leather jacket or vest (but no helmet...see the poll question) Anyway, I had to head out of the house for something the other day & had gym-shoes on...It felt really wierd to me. besides, black motorcycle boots just look bad a$$!!
  19. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

I wore shorts and gym shoes until I took a riders safety course, now jeans and boots are a habit. my daughter wants me to wear a lid especially around Lexington. :rolleyes: