1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Road trips

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Ashley, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Earlier this summer we rode from London UK to Greece and back. There are some pictures and stuff here.
    Omentide | Ashley and Hilary | Travel Blog
    Not many of the Softail but it might be of interest. Parts of the blog are out of order, but there are some cool tales and pictures. Just over 3,000 miles in 3 weeks. It was a blast.

In a little more than a week we are heading for Exmoor, in England and on a bank holiday weekend so the weather is bound to be terrible. Only 500 miles or so, but I'll try to get some nice pictures or tales to share.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice pics!!!! i havent made it all the way through.....only to page three......but thanks for posting this.
    i have three friends from england that were over here for 14days last month. they rented bikes and we toured texas!!!!! 2 are from wales the other is from england. very beautiful country over there. i really like the castles and old history!.................:)
  3. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Thanks, the trip was amazing. I am glad the pictures are appreciated, not all really do justice to the scenery and stuff.

I'm planning next summer, maybe a tour of Turkey. Ship the bike to Istanbul or Izmir, start from there. I need to check out how much it would cost.

Ashley
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

That is a great blog, great pics and lots to read, I didn't read it yet but I want to come back to it later.

Nice ride too.

Damn, I need a new bike:mad:
  5. Mike Otto

Mike Otto New Member

nice blog, great pics

very nicely done. EU is a great place to explore...even more so on a bike. i hope to do that one day as well.
  6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Off tomorrow afternoon for a far shorter trip around southern England. I'll post some pictures and tales when we get back.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

have a safe trip, and look forward to the pics......:)