1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Roadside Assistance

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Tiny86, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Couple a months ago me and the wife were on our to Shreveport la for a weekend of gambling and motel sex. We had a blowout on I 20 at 10:00 pm 10 miles from the state line. Ill say this now DO NOT RELY ON ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU WHEN YOU HAVE TO CROSS A STATE LINE
    we sat on the side of the road till 2:30 am before the local PD dispatch
    got us a wrecker to take us into Shreveport
    Roadside assistance HOG or Progressive could not help there seams to be against the law for a wrecker to transport a motorcycle across state lines without some kind of special permit, and there aint too many that have them. Anybody have a similar story or if they are blowin smoke up my ass?

Tiny
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That would suck big time , I have it through progresive but have never had to use it yet
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i would do some research there.....sounds like smoke. both hd and progressive are nation wide.....even so, they should have called the nearest one from the state you were in, that would rid the "smoke" problem....
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Sounds like BS to me.....I'd be mad as hell that's for sure. :angry:
  5. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Yea voodoo I was really pissed when the wrecker driver wouldn't take any thing but CASH no CC or Check CASH ONLY :rant: luckily there was an ATM on the way to the dealership:D so I could get his 250.00 :witsend: for taking us 21 miles. I found out that is the going rate for roadside assistance tow.:gah: Road America did reimburse me for the tow but if some one don't have CASH i guess they will leave you on the road.:cussing:

Tiny86
  6. flhtcu rob

flhtcu rob New Member

U-Haul

I know it was late at night, but I've been in a similar spot before and found a U-Haul place that was open. I called my ins. company, who I'm no longer with, and told them that I needed a flat bed, roll back, style wrecker to load up this 900 pound bike. They called around and said that it would be 4-5 HOURS:eek: before the nearest flat bed could come get me. They also told me that if I left the bike sitting on the side of the road and went for help MYSELF that they would not honor my policy if something happened to the bike while I was gone.:angry:

Well, no way that my wife and I were gonna sit 4-5-6-etc. hours on the side of some back road waiting, so we called information and got the number of the closest U-Haul place, called them up, explained the situation, and one of the guys came and got us with the truck. Put everything on our Visa card, except the $100 cash I gave the guy for coming to get us--he didn't ask for it, I just gave it to him. After :fight: with my ins. company, I got all but the $100 back. After their check cleared I dropped them and went with that little lizard feller.:D