1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rocker noise

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by joejoe3, Oct 4, 2007.

1. joejoe3

joejoe3 New Member

I have a 01 Dyna T-sport with 13,000 on it, when I ride it has a slight clatter sound that sounds like it is coming from the rockers, is this normal???? or no. If more info is needed let me know.

joejoe
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if you change your oil and filter on a regular basis, and have no other issues, such as a failing oilpump, there shoudnt be any loud clatters from the valvetrain. there will be some noise tho. find a buddy or someone with the same type of engine with about the same miles, see how his sounds.....hope this helps some..:)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Get a mechanics stethoscope, online or at a parts store not expensive, listen around the motor make sure it's in the rockers

sounds travel on bikes, and can fool you.

Look for any loose parts, muffler clamps, heat shields, pegs, floorboards, etc.

I had a rattle I couldn't find up front, drove me nuts, found it last night one of the little round covers on the oil tank lines had slipped down and was rattling, I swore it was coming from up front.

:banghead:
  4. joejoe3

joejoe3 New Member

I do change the oil and filter at 3000 miles, prim. and trans. every year.
    My friends RK dose the same thing, only louder.
    Thanks for the replys guys,

joe