1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rode to a swap meet today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was going to be teaching an experienced riders course, but it was supposed to snow, so they moved it to tomorrow. I wanted to go to the swap meet to take some pictures and write it up. It sounded windy, but the temp was at 40, so I rode. There was one other motorcycle when I got there. I felt kinda sheepish walking around with my riding gear on with all the bad-a$$es giving me the evil eye. Oops. I took some pics and talked with a bunch of people like I always do. Nice, but not worth the price of admission.

It was really windy. A bird took off about 20 feet in front of me and started flying backwards. I was amused until I ran into that same gust of wind about a second later. Thought I was going to Oklahoma. When I got home, my landlord was out in the barn. He asked me if I was crazy. Yep. :D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool!!!! it was windy here also, but nearly as bad as what you had.....glad ya home safe!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good to see a rider out in that kinda weather , Had good weather here just slight wind , but had to stick around to help watch grandkids had fun but not riding
  4. Welder

Welder New Member

Hey Hot01,

Glad to hear that you 're gettin in some road time. That kinda weather is tough, so ya gotta love it to get out in. :D

I left here yesterday morning with temps in the 30's, heavy frost on the ground and lots of fog hangin in the air. Rode 3 hours west to visit my father in law in the hospital, then made the trip back. When the sun finally got out it was a fantastic day to ride. Lots of wind coming back, but man it felt great to be in the saddle. :)
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It does feel good. This week, starting today, is supposed to be awesome weather. I'm heading out shortly to ride to Denver to teach a class, then no work all week!

I've been working on my book a lot lately. I might have to take off to Rocky Mountain National Park and see if I can get close to finished.
  6. Welder

Welder New Member

Hot01,

Enjoy the ridin and the good weather and stay safe. Good luck on finishin up yer book. :D