1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rode today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 20, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

did about 200 miles or so. no pics, forgot the camera...:( was nice, started in upper 50;s ended up in 70;s.....
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I rode last Thursday up through Vernonia and down to Clatskanie on Hwy 30. Got into Longview WA at 3:30 PM and the bank Temp read 64, it sure felt good. Wanted to stop on Hwy 30 and get a shot of Longview with Mt St Helen's looming over the top. No place to stop but what an awesome view. Worked outside around the place all day today but...riding the Springer tomorrow says high of 58, looking forward to it.
  3. chucktx

have fun and stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. chucktx

cardboard was supposed to ride with us, but decided at the last minute he had to clean up some sh*t in his garage....................
  5. FLHTbiker

That's what I did all day, clean up the shop and a bit of yard work, even mowed the lawn then blow the driveways down from all the winter tree debris. Yep, be glad to be on the Springer tomorrow. Gonna take the wife along and think we'll head on over to the Yamhill area. Nice road to ride.

One road I did on Thursday is called 47 and goes from Mist down to Clatskanie and it may only be 27 miles long but there was hardly a straight stretch in it. Came around a corner and was all of a sudden looking at the back of a log truck full of big logs. :eek: Its the area where they filmed all those Axe men TV shows.
  6. chucktx

they do have some big logs there!!!!!!!!!!!
    no....really......his septic tank plugged up again.........his excuse it legit///////////this time lol lol
  7. FLHTbiker

So Cardboard was up to his a-hole in sheet :roflmao::roflmao:
  8. FLHTbiker

I found a picture of Longview coming down hwy 30 with MT Saint Helen's in the back ground. I crossed over the bridge through Longview.

Also got a photo of the Oldest operating country store in Oregon. I stopped there and had lunch. Community is called Birkenfield and they have a small little bike get together on a weekend in August.

Attached Files:

9. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

On another topic !!! I got out today for an hour or so, was 38* and sunny! Needed leather and hoody bike never did warm up oil stayed in the 150's but sure made my week gettin out for a bit!!:D:D
  10. FLHTbiker

I rode again today on my Springer. What a beautiful day out with 60 F temps. Man the more I ride that Springer the more I just love that bike.

We did about 150 miles today. Chapter went to a Pizza place and I had to have a Cheifs salad, :banghead: wifes got me on a health plan and I am loosing weight. Down to 210 from 240 but man those pizza's sure did look and smell good. Course I got ribbed by the guys but with the wife along I got to behave. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

We rode yesterday and today and it was great! Temp in the low - mid 50's yesterday and high 50's today. Went over part of US 23 from Kingsport to Natural Tunnel in Virginia then walked the trail down to the tunnel. There were no trains coming through the tunnel this afternoon so we walked back up, got back on the bike and came back home. But again it was a great day and a great ride. Actually gives a good amount of rest on The Day of Rest. We still have some icicles hanging around on the rocks. Sounds like a lot of folks are enjoying a break in the cold and snow.:)
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I had on rubber boots, the drain goin to the septic tank stopped up and ran out the Can downstairs.
    What a hell of a mess.
    Had to git a shovel
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep it can make a mess , just went through that , had a new system put in with sprinklers about 7K but worth ever cent & no more mess to clean up or filed pipes to clean out :D
  14. cardboard

I would have to have a engineer to come out and do a soil analysis and design a system for my yard cause its so small.
    And I was told to expect around 13,500
    I wouldn't have the money.
    And if Trinity River authority got involved they would have my water cut off to the house.
    Remember I live close to the lake.
  15. chucktx

ahhhhhhhhh the joys of lakefront property!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. cowboy

you should'nt need that with the system I have , it has 4 tanks that filter out & we have to put clorine tablets in about once a month & then it goes into the sprinklers & there's 4 of them all way away from my well
  17. cardboard

My lot is 100x50 and my 2 BR house is on it. I don't have a very big yard. say 30x50 if that to put one on.
    I can't deceide on what I want.
    The engineer designs it and the Trinity River Authority has to approve it.
  18. cowboy

Well I'am on 2 acre's but the whole system only covers (under ground) about 50 sq feet or so & except for the dome cap's it all under ground so they can make the line's as long or short as the room allowes , Now you have small house so you can use a smaller system
  19. cardboard

You don't have a hootch system do you.
  20. FLHTbiker

We live on a acre thank goodness so lots of room for our septic tank and drain field. Had a new concrete tank put in a few years back when the old metal tank collapsed. That was a backed up mess to in the daylight basement.

Had to go up to the hospital today so I rode the bike man 38 degrees this morning, heated liner sure felt good.