1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rode yesterday, plws today

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

was in the shop yesterday finished rebuilding the trans and resealing the eng, on my sons nova, thought I would open the door and get some air before i started sticking it back in and found it to be a nice day, jumped on my bike and headed to town, stopped and picked up some ruby earings for my better half then decided to do a loop around town, and see if my rear tire is in yet, at the stealer, found my wife there shopping for someone:rolleyes: looked at a few sportsters for my son with her, she went back to work and i chated with a fella on a bonnie, I then just rode don't know where i went but i hated to head back home when the time came. woke up this morning, looked out and mother nature said enough fun get the car done, just seen a plow go by the house, I guess it's back to the shop so ya'll have a great valentines chat later.....................oh and by the way that someone now has some lizard lights to install.:D
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

See you got a good ride in , got to meet a nice young lady & look at new bikes , & even got some more work to do , sound's like you had a good day :cool:
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yup sure did, it's 3 degrees out right now, supposed to be a great weekend though. might get some riding in again. hows your projection for the scooter cowboy? are you back in the saddle?
  4. cowboy

only in my dreams , Doc said today I could go back to driving my cage , did'nt tell him I've been doing that foa about a week now :D ,, left knee is still a little to weak to lift the E glide off the side stand , ask my daughter if I could ride her sporty after I duck the think the wife threw at me:eek: My daughter said better not , she was more worred of what Mom would do to her the me dropping her bike :D
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: that is funny cowboy........but dont rush it, cause it will take twice as long to heal it later!!!!!!!!:)
  6. cowboy

I thought so to , I can still duck faster then she can throw :D & after 35 yrs you think she learned not to throw thing;s:roflmao:
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Sounds like a nice day. I was happy it was Valentine's Day because everyone in the apartment building went out to dinner so there were plenty of places to park. :roflmao:

I'm hoping the snow is all melted down in on the range tomorrow. I really want to ride. Got to be back on Sunday to play ice hockey though.
  8. cowboy

Abby you can play hockey with two heads as the puck's , one from the parts & the other from the lady at the DMV office :roflmao:
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

And people ask why I keep a hockey stick in my car. :roflmao:

I got to ride today. I talked my friends into riding to lunch with me, and then I rode up to Loveland to get the VIN form. My friend said I didn't need to go all the way up there. I could do it locally. Yeah, well I want to ride! About half way up this huge cloud settled in and it got really cold. I got the form and jumped on the bike and flew back. By the time I got the bike to the storage unit and locked up, it was snowing. It was 60 at times today. The weather here just amazes me.
  10. cowboy

you keep a hocky stick in you car :roflmao: , As for riding up there , well I guess you comming from NH if you get cought out riding & it starts to snow & stick , just drag your feet & hope you have thick soles on your boots :eek:, I have worn a couple of pairs out that way :gah:
  11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

ride

you kno ,,,a person is nuts for pushing this ridding weather,,, we got some sun thurs,,,so left,,,, got back last nite at 630,,, saturday,,, never got above 41 degrees,,, lord i am cold,,, talk about wife throwing things,,,, my daughter is visiting,,, she sits down on couch with me,,,just after i got home saturday,,,had taken shower to warm up,,,feet still ice cold,,,told my BETTER half to sit down with us,,,wanders over,,, turns to sit down and pivits on my little toe with heel of her shoe,,,,several names of her ancesters came out,,,she just laughed,,, tried to make her appologise,,, she shoved some of my old words about how i hate appologies,,,, means you did something wrong,,,, probably on purpose,,,, so no appol,,, i told her fine i would just get even than,,, i was jokeing,,,, not ten minutes later i was in kitchen getting 14 inch fry pan down,,, she walked by,,,, pan slipped hit her on top of foot,,,, **** man,,,, i have to leave again,,,,pops
  12. cowboy

pops :roflmao: sound's like you live here at my place :D
  13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

draggggedd the scoot through the drift to gravel on fri and went for a ride a little chilly wind chill was about 10-15 so full leathers were on, had to watch for the shaded areas, but all in all was good, finished getting the eng and trans in the nova, and driving it so as the wind and snow blows I'm thinking that I will have a burbon and coke and take it ez:D :cool: (untill some one changes my mind:p )
  14. cowboy

I'll take A Jack & water well your up :D
  15. fujimo

fujimo New Member

cowboy

how close you to hiway 10...we will be running thru there around may15,,, you can buy lunch...pops
  16. cowboy

POPS I'am about 40 or so from I 10 , well have to see whats up by then
  17. fujimo

fujimo New Member

thats close,,,will have to give it a try ,,,if we are both still alive ,,,pops
  18. cowboy

Yep well just have to see :D
  19. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

got on the scoot friday had a good ride considering the wind, but enjoyed it never the less, started getting a wild hair and about headed to wisconsin on it this morning, glad i didn't still had snow flying. maybe next round:D getting impatiant, not to mention the fuel cost savings:banghead: