1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Well 22 of us survived ROT this year a great time was had by all. Seen many things that were really nice and some I wish I hadn't have, things that make ya go [full body quiver] A lot of cool Bikes and vendors. Our Next adventure will be to Corpus Cristy for the 4th of July and the Golden Aspen Rally in RuiDoso NM
    On Sept 17th- 21st

Tiny
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sure would be a better story if ya had pics and a bit more detail, but glad that ya got ut there, had fun, and got back again!
  3. chillybrr59

chillybrr59 New Member

Where winter is too long but summer is beautiful.
    Ah you lucky buggers. Wish I coulda been there. Please post pics and I'll get a shop rag to wipe up the drool. :banghead:
  4. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Fellas I think Ken wouldn't like me posting these pics on his website most are all x-rated:eek: I will try to look through them and pick out the bikes and stuff and figgure out how to get them on.I will take lots on the CC run and the Aspen run.

TINY
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

So is the Aspen rally something a single girl would be comfortable at? Now that my July vacation is screwed, I'm looking at riding somewhere in mid to late September.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Couldn't of been many folks there saturday, They said at Lukenbach that they had over 5000 bikers there .
  7. SK

SK New Member

That's not Aspen, CO I gather..more like Golden Aspen Rally in Riudoso, NM if I remember right..Labor Day weekend. Been there once..wasn't impressed as I only speak English. Pretty dusty too unless you can get a motel. I wouldn't go there alone Abby..make sure to be in a group.

I'm coming up to Colorado Tuesday night as I have a break through Saturday. Gonna ride in the 4th of July parade in Aspen, CO on a borrowed bike. It's a trip. The motorcycles lead the parade off through Aspen kinda like the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain. Instead of a nice pretty formation, the bikes just tear through the streets..don't be a pedestrian during this. I'm not really hip on it, but it beats the 111ยบ heat we had today in Las Vegas.
  8. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Yes, its the Goldenaspenrally.com Sept 17-21 Hot I don't know Ive never been but if you want to come come on. If your coming ill pm my cell # and we can hook up and we can surely find you some company. Me and the ol lady and the couple that invited us are pretty fun to hang around with. The Answer to you ? is yes you can join Hog Local while your bikes in the shop Ive read some of the comments made about HOG and Ill say this first ,as with any organization you get back what you put in. I'm the Activities Dir for our local we invite all to participate . We have about 200 Members, some I'll see only 1or2 times a year. There is about 50 of us that do everything Ride allot play allot ride some more & go and do. That is the benefit of HOG no one is telling you you have to do any thing its your choice. The Family Atmosphere of HOG is well thats what it is a family. Sometimes you don't get along with ALL your Family, so you run with the ones you do. If I want to go hang out with some of my 1% buddy's I take my vest off and go let my hair down (IF I HAD ANY):roflmao: . I did that 1% thing for a long time and got out and started touring instead of riding from bar to bar. Ya, I'll admit HOG is a little lame sometimes but all in all most are a great bunch of folks that like to ride SAFE and have fun.Some call it the Stealership but if you go Mercedes Benz DEALERSHIP to buy parts and have your car serviced guess what your gonna get it there too.I have made some good friends through the dealership including the Owner and his wife the GM and his wife, and If I need something they will break there necks to get it. We have several single guys in our chapter and one couple met in the chapter and got married this year. So there ya go and I'll hush now cause my fingers hurt.from all this typing.

Tiny
    Red River HOG
    P.S. Sorry for all the jumping around on subjects!!
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I might take you up on that Tiny. I have a good friend back east who used to go to a run in Riudoso every year. He loved it. I'm not sure if it's the same one. I guess I'll go ahead and cancel my July vacation. I've been holding off with the hopes that I can get the insurance company to pay for a rental, but I really need to let it go.

I know what you mean about HOG. I've been around and around with it. I've done a lot with the chapter, then have gotten pissed and stepped back, then stepped up and gave it another try. I was going to be the senior road captain of the chapter in NH, but then I left. Sometimes I've felt like they were a bunch of dorks, and other times I've had great friendships - all in the same chapter. I just wish I didn't have to wait until a meeting to join, because they're only once a month and if you miss it, it's another month. Of course right now there's no rush.
  10. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Our Chapter you can ask the girls up front for an application fill it out and give your $ and thats it.

Tiny