1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rotflmfao

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Apr 19, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have been noticing the little ads at the bottom of the pages...what ever the topic....there are adds on that topic.......the spider thread has a big terminex ad....dunno, i thought it was funny!!!! well it is late, and me an jack are surfin.............:)
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

whatever keeps you happy Chuck!!:roflmao:
  3. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

voodoo,

you need a vacation!!!
    you need to come down to texas for a week or so.........
    would be glad to put you and your family up for the time your down here

could do some off shore fishing, or go huntin, plenty of places to ride as well.
    i got the guns and rods,so no need to transport yours.........

just toss it around.....

TRG
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

TRG,
    You off shore fish??!! That is too cool.... I have not had the courage to try salt water fishing.....got hooked on fly fishing once and it has continued to cost a small fortune since!! Hate to see what would happen if I got hooked on salt water!!! lets see.....heavy duty rods, reals, BOAT :eek: ........hmmmm don't think I can afford that one right now!!! :roflmao: Almost went on a charter fishing trip off of Holland a few years ago, but the dates never lined up with days off.... Now I am working on turning my 6 year old daughter into a fisherman.... starting with the simple stuff....drowning worms....and she has a few nice catfish under her belt now!

Attached Files:

5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Went on a couple of charters in '96-'97, when I lived in California. Caught some nice pacific salmon (Chinook?). Man, we had salmon steaks off the grill for a week. Man, that was awesome...:)
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

grilled and or smoked salmon MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
  7. AFNurse

salmon on the grill is great!!! do that every once in a while..... never fresh tho...HEB down the street.....Catfish on the grill is good also!!
  8. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

AFN
    i am lucky to have freinds that own the boats,and most of the time i use ther gear,seems they have much better equipment than mine.
    i visit kyle texas quiet abit, and have been wanting to do some fesh water fishing. how far are you from kyle????
    maybe we could swop out??? you show me the fresh water spots, and i show you the salt water spots.
    i have season pass's to schilterbom <poor spelling, so the girls could go there while we fished..........
    somthing to think about???

TRG
  9. AFNurse

Kyle is about 70 miles from my door (I live blocks away from employee parking lot for Sea World).... and just north of San Marcos (so the outlet mall is close) ...I am willing, but so far, my fishing "luck" is batting close to zero!! I could show you some fresh water, tell you that there are probably fish in there somewhere...good luck catching!! :D I had to take my daughter to a place for CATCHING fish to keep her interest....it is a little pay per pound stocked catfish pond .....cheating I know, but have to do SOMETHING to keep interest going. Canyon lake is up near schlitterbahn, but my understanding is that it is so large, that the only real way to fish it is with a boat....again, no boat on my end!:rolleyes: I would be up for something like that sometime tho! Think I could even convince the wife and daughter of it sometime!!!

With all that being said....poor day of fishing is STILL better then a good day at work...unless you are a 6 year old!! :D (then needs to be catching fish to be a good day!)
  10. Ted

Ted New Member

Hi AF Nurse
    Daddy's little girls are the best fun, Working on cars fishing and hunting.Have fun, time passes to fast. Mine are now 40 and 45 and they both have boys Man Im older than dirt.
    Later Ole Ted
  11. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Its easy to get spoiled on fishing here on the west coast, despite everyone thinking that there's no fishing near the city. I have my pick of Long Beach or San Pedro where a day boat will take you out to Catalina and catch a burlap sack full of barracuda, bass and rock cod before lunch. All spring I can drive up to Big Bear lake at night, point a work light at the surface and catch our limit of trout.

This is my favorite time of year. :D
  12. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Damn TRG, I just saw this! Don't tempt me too much, You just might see my ugly mug at your door! I need a vacation bad, these freakin customers around here are A-holes. Lucky for me, I go to Disney with the family in July, then down the Jersey shore for 2 weeks, and in August my buddies and me just planned a 4 day bike ride somewhere, we're just not sure where yet.

Thanks for the offer!!! (you just may see me) :D

I love fishin', hence my 20' Pro-line cuddy cabin......