1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ruger

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, May 23, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Meant the VP of Ruger and a couple of the guys who are responsible for the designs. They are all motorcycle riders. They designed and built a custom engraved 1911 45 for the American Legion posts here. Beautiful pistol, couldn't get a pic of it but absolutely beautiful. We rode by there headquarters today, very nice. They even have a road there named Ruger Road. Pretty nice guys, and guess they are working on a few new guns. They won't say what but did say expect to see some new items.:D
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've owned Rugers for many years. Good and reliable wepons. No surprise that they are made from good people.
  3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

About 20 yrs,ago I mailed them back my Redhawk(which I screwed up trying to improve the trigger). Got it back in 2wks perfectly repaired and also sent me back my check. What a great company
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

The new SR1911 sells like hotcakes..
    Hard to find one on the shelf..
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

And I got one last fall:D
  6. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Got two M77s, one in 270 Win and one in 338 Win Mag. Have hunted with them for years, been carrying the 270 since mid 1980s... still my favorite...
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I used to work in New Yoooork and I have been mugged three times by Rugers. Due to their reputation I handed over my wallet all three times. (JUST KIDDING!)
    :roflmao:
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

:roflmao: Good one, Fatboy. I never owned a Ruger, but a friend had a Ruger .44 mag carbine they made back in the day, and he'd let me shoot it once in a while. They called it "The Brushbuster" and for good reasons, too.:cool:
  9. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 that I really like......its on my side everytime I go hunting just in case I come across some snakes or zombies:roflmao:
    Unless it bow season then its my H&R 22 with rat shot....only legal thing you can carry.:cool:
  10. Dutchvic

Dutchvic New Member

No Guns but new to site,new build first timer, just tryin to navigate around site, and figure out how to post some pix,,Here goes,Have a great weekend.

Attached Files: