1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rush Slip-ons need advice

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Peyts, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

OK... I have spent the better part of ALL my free time over the past two weeks looking for the right set of pipes for my new ride (07 FLHTC). Since then, I have checked out V&H and managed to listen to a set of Rineharts (I was impressed with those).

Under advice from others, I have also checked out and considered Thunderheader slip-ons and D&Ds.

Yesterday, I started hearing a lot about these Rush slip-ons, with 2.5" baffles. The soundbytes on their website (check them out at Rush Motorcycle Mufflers) make them sound quite impressive... the other neat thing about them is that they are almost half the price of Rineharts or Thunderheaders.

I need some advice. As you have likely read my a bunch of my other posts this week, I am looking for a set of LOUD pipes, with a deep throaty sound and a great bark with throttle. Taking everything into consideration, including the price points, does Rush Pipes (with the 2.5" baffles) match up to Rineharts or the others?
  2. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I CHECKED INTO THEM, THEY SEEMED TO HAVE SURFACED WHEN H-D QUITE SELLING THE SCREAMIN EAGLE II MUFFLERS, I THINK THEY ARE ALMOST THE SAME THING.

DKIN21