1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sad day for our small town tonight

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 4, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Tonight our small town is in mourning. Yesterday afternoon my wife and I coming home from Paradise Harley and we saw smoke coming from our town. Although we don't live right in town but 6 miles outside it. I knew it was a house fire by the color and location. It was a house fire and the renter who lived there had set it on fire. We later learned that the crazed renter shot a police officer who was responding to the fire. He shot him in the face and tonight we learned the officer died. Was the first fatal shooting of a police officer in Oregon City in 100 years. The swat team that showed up shot and killed him.
    What is ironic also about this as I believe that I recognized the shooter as a guy who was giving me a hard time while riding the bike up Hwy 213 to Oregon City a month ago. I had passed him in the passing lane as he and several vehicles were going very slow. I was simply going around him not at a high speed and then he swerved at me and kept on honking his horn. He would come up behind me honking his horn and kept it up. I finally pulled into the right lane and he pulled up beside me still honking. I motioned for him to pull over as I wanted to pound the guys face in by then. Oh he was also laughing to and then it hit me that this guy is really deranged so I sped up getting a lot of distance between us and giving him the finger. Never saw him again until they posted the picture of him tonight. Wow, the guy really was deranged. Glad I didn't push it with him any further when I was riding as yea know a vehicle is bigger and heavier, but sure would have like to smack him hard.

https://www.facebook.com/fox12oregon
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah there was a guy that did that to a friend of mine here
    I was riding behind him, guy cut him right off he had to hit the brakes
    and then kept it up trying to goad him, diving at the bike.

A little view of his sig p229 and the guy exited the freeway quickly..

Shame to hear about the officer, sick people out there...
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

People are going nuts.
  4. FLHTbiker

HRK I was not carrying at the time.
  5. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

There are a lot of people that have issues that we can not comprehend, THAT is not to say they have a free pass on life. I will allways hope to be held accountable for my actions as everyone should. I am a volunteer fireman and try to help my community/fellow people, we had a bad incident in Webster N/Y where an individual choose to end his life, to bad he took other people with him.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sad news for sure ,
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

More crazies out there than ever - no regard for human life, not even their own. Very sorry to hear about the LEO . . .
  8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Sad. And they'll probably find he's got a history of issues with the law & sanity.
  9. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

A lot of wackos out there...
  10. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

We had another crazy today too. Young guy went into a NJ Mall with an "assault" rifle shot it a bit not hitting anyone thank God and then killed himself. Evil is running rampart in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  11. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Yup...And it will unfortunately happen again...Just a matter of where and when...Another reason to carry
  12. FLHTbiker

I'm going to carry all the time for now on
  13. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good idea. The only shootings we have here are almost all gang related in the big cities, and not that many compared to other places.