1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Saddle baggs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by surfit, Aug 17, 2006.

1. surfit

surfit New Member

I am looking for some saddle baggs for my 2001 Dyna Wide Glide. I have seen many different types with huge price differences. I don't really want to buy anything cheap but sometimes the highest priced product isn't the best. The internet is great for checking price but I like to see, in person what I am going to buy before I shell-out the cash, Any info on pro's and con's would be great, Hard baggs vr's soft, locking, best place to buy them things like that. I saw that on some types you have to relocate the turn signals?
    Thanx
  2. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

If you buy saddle bags for a dyna, the easiest solution is slanted bags. They fit great between the turn signal and shocks. The drawback is they aren't that big. Get ghost brackets or something like it so you don't spend half the day screwing your paint up trying to tie you bags down. I have fox creek leather bags. Pretty good bags, durable and well made. http://www.foxcreekleather.com/
  3. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Cheap vs inexpensive

Missed this the first time around but..... I have a set of quick disconnect, throw over bags that I got years ago. They are made by Saddleman (CD carries the line) They aren't leather but some sort of synthetic. They have held up for a lot of years and all kinds of weather. I have had leather bags before and leather won't in my opinion stand up as well. Unless you want to spend as much time treating the things with leather preservative etc as you do riding, and then you have to figure that in as part of the price. I hit these with a shot of son of a gun when I wash and wax the putt and they are good to go. The 06 is the third scooter i have had these bags on and they are still looking and performing great. I actually bought them originally as fill ins. I was low on bucks and couldn't afford a new pr of premium leather bags so figured these could make do until I could. When I saw how well they performed I spent my bucks on other things. Problem with most throw overs vs hard bags is rain getting in. Solution for me was a waterproof stuff bag from a canoe shop. Solves the problem fine.

Ride Free........
  4. rvtglide

rvtglide New Member

I put "Boss Bags" on my 05 Super Glide. they are pricey but of excellent quality and there are no brackets left on your bike when you remove the bags. The bags are slanted, hold alot, but you will have to relocate your rear turn signals. You can either lock the lids of the bags or lock the bags to the bike. Good quality master locks come with the bags.
  5. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

Custom made saddle bags

Try this place, www,bikersoutfitter.com he's a friend. His dad custom made a set for my Softail Deluxe in two toned leather to match the color of my bike. They are mounted with Ghost brackets so they are quickly removable for a clean look and hold more then Road King bags.
  6. surfit

surfit New Member

Thanks for all the input, I checked out all of the places mentioned above online however I went with leatherup.com I bought a sissybar bag for starters it arrived today. It looked alot better online than in real life. It is very thin and floppy I am sending it back they have a 30 day refund policy, the service was great I received my order in three days. I was kinda leary about ordering something without actually seeing it in person. I went to the local bike shops in my area and they don't have much of a selection on hand. I live in Oxnard California does anyone know of a place around here with a good selection on hand?