1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sarge 7

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Has anyone heard from or how he's doing ?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

not i..........
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I think about him from time to time - but haven't heard anything.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Been thinking of him to
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

hope he's doing ok
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I pray that he's doing whatever the doc's recommend and that he's living life LARGE now!
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sorry I haven't ben on the forum for awhile - been going through a rough time with the chemo treatments. Doc sent me to a set scan and the results came back better than we had hoped for - but the treatment has really knocked the wind out of my sails. Doc said it would be at least a year before I get my stamia back.
    They did 3 chemo treatments before they scaned and it seems to working so far- however the doc has got me doing 3 more before they scan again.
    The first scan showed a mass growth in my right lung at 3.9 cm but after taking chemo it has gone down to 2.7 cm. They found 1 in my lung and 2 in the lymph nodes all were in soft tissue so they can't operate all they can do is try and retrade them.
    Did get to put a few miles on this summer but any long range trips are now just a dream.
    The OL and I are planning on going to a few rallys in 2012 but I will have to trailer the bike to get there.
    Will try and get on the forum more often with winter coming on as the doc said I couldn't be out side any more than needed, so I'll have more time to play with computer.
    Thanks to all for your well wishes and concern.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Been praying for you sarge, hang in there. Got to be a tough ordeal you and your family are going through. Glad you posted and let us know how its going.:)
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

hang in there..prayin' for you
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sarge that sounds like a bit of better news down sizing in this case is a good thing , Take care & do as much of what the doc says , :D prayers & good thoughts out to ya
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

thanks all- they ain't takin me down without a fight.:)
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That's AWESOME!!!!:cool:
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thoughts and prayers to you and the family............
  14. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you, Sarge. This might sound crazy, but look online for: hacres.com - it's the hallelujah diet and they have had great success with cancer and other diseases.
  15. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Good Lord - I don't need a diet - I need some fatten up - lost bout 25# that I can't afford to any wind over 10mph and the OL has to tie me down for fear of gettin blown away. Lots of the foods I used to love taste like old shoe leather now and I'm working on a fatten program thats ain't gettin it.
    Instead of a can can of pop or beer I chug down a can of condensed milk two and three times a day. Chomp on sugar cookies pitted dates and dehdrayed apricots - Plus eatin what the OL fixes for supper. And still losin ground every time they check me.
    Tomorrow morning got another chemo session comin up so should get boast from a couple of days until the drugs wear off then it's back to painsville for another couple of weeks. The cancer I can deal with but the pain is something else again. Before this thing is over I'm going to wind up a coke addict, that stuff they are giving me now is about as strong as they can go without puttin me into overdrive.
    But like I said before - I ain't givin up without a fight!!