1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Scratched Side Covers

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by manyanna51, Apr 14, 2007.

1. manyanna51

manyanna51 New Member

I picked up my Streetglide about 1 week ago and had to remove the bags to check out a problem with the rear shockies. It was then that I noticed a large scratch on the right sidecover (4"x1/4"), it wont polish out. I checked the other side and found a smaller scratch. I adjusted the brackets to move the bags away from the covers so it wont get worse. Have any of you had similar problems? Is this normal or was mine assembled badly? At the same time I found a sqashed air line from the shockie, so only one shockie was getting air, not happy.
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I would go back to the dealer regarding that, cause it sounds like BS to me. Somebody probably scratched it while they were assembling it and just figured you would never see it so who cares. My opinion would be the bags might rub a little and you may get some rub marks, but not a large scratch. I would bitch up a storm. :soapbox:
  3. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

the steeler did it

Those bags didn't do it. sounds more like one of the kids at the steeler. You'll have your hands full dealing with the steeler. good luck with them.
  4. manyanna51

manyanna51 New Member

Alls well, Took it in for first service today and showed the mechanic the scratches and he started a warranty claim for either new sideplates or respray of the originals.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great 51....the bags should not touch or get damaged if assembled properly....also glad ya found the pinched air line.....
    chuck