1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screamin Eagle Active exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Noel, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Noel

Noel New Member

I recently bought a Screamin Eagle Active exhaust part# 65467-05 for my 2006 Road King police bike. A H/D m/c mechanic told me to scrap the electrics and the servo and just run the mufflers after having the ECM flashed. I am running the SE air cleaner but no other mods to my bike. Any feed back? I am hoping for a little better sound than the stock pipes and maybe some more grunt.
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

not sure about the pipes. i would however strongly recommend getting a powercommander. not only will you be able a squeze ever posible once of power out of your bike you're save alot money in the process:D
  3. TM103

TM103 Active Member

I had the same system installed on my '06 CUI and it has worked flawlessly from the start. I have noticed an increase in power and MPG has not deminished st all. Great sounding too.:D
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

TM103 - Pass to Noel the details. Was your's done the same way as is being recommended to be done by the H-D mech to Noel? If you know for certain. please pass it on and help a fellow rider. If you don't, don't guess...but just tell him you aren't sure. The truth is the only way you can help a brother or sister rider.

Better stick this on here: :soapbox:
  5. Noel

Noel New Member

Screamin Eagle Active Exhaust

I took a look down the muffler and could see the catalitic converter screen. It appears to be about one inch thick. I was wondering if anyone every accidently dropped a hole saw[1 1/2 inch] down the throat of the muffler. What improvements/hazzards did it cause? Did the bike run okay? Just a thought....mmmm! TM103 how long has your exhaust been on? I've been thinking about the long rest period we have ...affectionately called winter...and the possibility of the exhaust dampner getting rusted closed...all feed back is appreciated. Noel
  6. TM103

TM103 Active Member

Noel, I had the system installed as it came from HD. The tech downloaded the ECM upgrade and installed a stage 1 kit. (SE air cleaner and ECM flash).
    I had this done late late last summer and it was garaged for the winter with a few small rides during the winter. I am currently in N. CA. in the mountains were it is plenty cold with significant moisture with no ill affects to the way the servo butterfly operates. I have not altered the pipes in any way. I hope this answers your questons.:D
  7. Noel

Noel New Member

TM103.. Thanks for the info..I have an appointment on the 11 July and I think I'll leave the pipes alone. Thanks again for your input. Noel