1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SE 103 kit vs '95" Minton/Mouse build

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Lucifer, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Since I did the 95" Minton/Mouse to the King,I've not had a chance to compare the performance to anything but my buddies VRod muscle:rolleyes:I'd get him off the line,but then he'd blow by me like I was standing still...

Yesterday we went for a ride around the Cabot Trail(Beautiful scenery BTW),my buddy with the VRod and a friend of his with a '10 Street Glide with the SE 103 kit and Super Tuner and myself with the 95" CBFH...
    After the second stop the guy came up to me and asked what I did to my bike because he could not keep up with me...he said he rides with a guy with a Stage 1 Ultra and can pull away from him with ease and when we hit the throttle I was pulling away from him every time:cool::D
    That made me feel pretty good,because I didn't think I was getting the performance from the build that I should have...I still didn't get a compression or leak down test done to see if anything got a little fugged up from the rag in the bottom end...
    All in all it was a great day and my footboards are a little thinner on the bottoms and the bike seems to be performing well...:D
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

guess the c king ain't on the rag :roflmao:, sounds like you did a good job on the mouse build , I know a couple of guy here wth 95 in builds who out do the 103 's
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Heh, yeah...I changed the oil before I left and there was 1 little piece of rag in the filter,not big, but enough to clog up a lifter or small passage,I'm glad that Flo filter I'm using filters right from start up and isn't in bypass until the oil warms up enough to flow through the filter like regular ones....

Maybe it's the shorter stroke of the 95"ers letting them rev quicker than the 103"s...I was feeling mine wasn't performing much better than it was as an 88".
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya your in the 80-100 range shuting down when they catch up , the longer stroke make then a easyer hwy cruser