1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SE Pro EFI Race Fueler

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I just picked up a set of Vance and Hines Oval slip ons and a SE breather kit. Now I'm looking for some fuel management. Has any one used or know anything about the SE Pro Race Fueler pt #32132-04??
    I'm just going breather and pipes this year and maybe a cam and thinner head gasket next year. Staying 88" for now.
    Is this unit similar to the Dobeck TFI unit?? All advice and suggestions welcome.
    TIA:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

06 was the last year for the carb. efi was also available that year...
  3. Lucifer

No download from the dealer(I don't want anything from them), since I posted this I got the Race Fueler, it is similar to the TFI except it has 2 RPM pots for crossover points instead of just 1 as on the TFI, so it does kinda make the efi like a carb. I got a couple of starting points to set the crossover points from guys that used it. Set the 1st RPM pot at 1800RPM and the 2nd one at 4000RPM. The fuel pots will add 0-50% more fuel. So with the Race Fueler I can set the pilot circuit(1000-1800RPM) to open , say 1 ms longer, then adjust the midrange circuit(1800-4000) to open ,say it may need to open 1.5ms longer then I can set the main jet circuit (4000-redline) 2ms longer. Then adjust the accelerator pump pot to take any stumble out when I crack the throttle. These times aren't values I used, just an example.
    I feel for a Stage1 this is all you need, you can still add a mild cam and use them. Until you get to the point where you have to adjust the timing curve or want to raise the rev limit you don't need a PCIII or the like.
    No O2 sensors on the '03....I think it was 07 when they added them.
    Thanks for the reply Paz:) :) :devil:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. Lucifer

I haven't installed it yet but I think It can be set up similar to a carb, this stuff is all new on me too. The lowest RPM setting for the idle circuit is 1500RPM according to the instructions and the second crossover setting starts at 3000RPM so I think this Race Fueler( not to be confused with the SE Race Tuner) can be set up with the first crossover at about 1/4 throttle and the second one set at 3/4 throttle which is something I can understand more than mapping and downloads.
    It seems easy enuf and I think it'll do the job I'm after.....we'll see how it goes. I'm just after a little more snap in the throttle and get rid of the "holy chit" when I pull out to pass
  5. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned A-Hole

Content removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  6. Lucifer

The difference with the SE race fueler and the tfi is the SE race fueler works 5 pots and tfi works 4 like you said. The ECM will work as normal sending signals to the injectors for the amount of fuel needed, the tfi will only "trick" the injectors to stay open longer adding an additional percentage of fuel in only 2 ranges, a certain amount from low to mid and another amount from mid to high where the SE fueler can add a percentage in the low range crossover and add a different percent in the mid range and again a different percent for the high range.
    Trying to compare an efi fueler to a carb is like comparing apples and oranges.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...25+years since I've been in the electrical field 60 cycles per min or was it per second=1 hertz,a megahertz is 1000 hertz but all that is going on in the ECM and these fuelers only intercept the fuel signal send it thru their own little circuit board and add an additional percentage of fuel in the 2 or 3 RPM ranges selected, depending on the unit. The TFI unit can do it in 2 circuits because of one RPM pot and the SE race fueler can do it in 3 because it has 2 RPM pots.
    Bottom line tho if this fueler won't help a Stage 1 set up and give me a little better throttle responce and richen the mixture properly from off idle to about 5500RPM, I'll send the top end to HQ and buy a PCIII, then when I pull out to pass that big rig "Holy Chit" won't come to mind, it'll have the torque to get by and back in.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009