1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SE slip on's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Apr 23, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i got a set of SE slip on's at a swap meet over the weekend ($20) with end cap's but no baffels , anybody know if a stearler sell's just the baffels ? the pipes them self's are in top shape , but they will need some back pressure
    :cool:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

pretty cool find cowboy....i would try the dealer down in angleton...goe??? or cowboy in beaumont......but before doing that, try j j's in lamarque.....where was the swapmeet???? wish i would have known about it, was looking for a place to ride to..........
  3. cowboy

Chucktx, I did invite TGR but he never called back, The swap meet was in Manvel tx just next door to Alvin , it was a small but good one I also got a set of short stem tear drop HD mirrors for $20 like they put on some of the newer HD's ,MY bro-in-law got a front brake master cyl in real good shape for $20 from a different guy , we made it a family type ride , my son Big county on here , my son-in-law , my daughter bro-in-law & real close family friend & his wife & my wife , & only two of us rode double up
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

If you can't find SE baffles try the ones from Khrome Werks. They are a little pricey but have incredible sound and anti-reversion characteristics. I know J&P sells them and other outlets, just search their online catalogs for "Khrome Werks baffles".

One of these days I'm going to finish the R&D on a new baffle that I've been experimenting with for a couple years. Then maybe I can get some folks here to give em a test run.
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

thought I had a set of S E off roads sewed up on e-bay for 60.00 but lost out, wanted to make the denver swapmeet didn,t make that. guess what I'm saying is looks like you were in the right place at the right time eh. you might look on e-bay for some baffles by the way I think I seen a catagorie of them once.
  6. cowboy

Thank's guy's , I 'll try to give the a look , as I call two dealers & then found my HD parts book , who ever took the baffels out was good , because there welded in acording to the dealer & the book , but the pt # on the pipes is not in the book , but the tip's are in the book & at $64.95 each
  7. chucktx

all the screamin eagle baffles i have seen were held in with a bolt through the back side of the muffler...........what year are the mufflers from???
  8. cowboy

chucktx not sure of the yr on the muff's I got this pt # off the pipes 65254-00, in my 05 pt book there's a# close , so if anyone has a PT book a little older please look it up & let me know , I looked real good to see if I could see any place where it was cut out , but non to see
  9. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

cowboy,
    i am sorry for not returning your call, i blew up my brand new motor saturday morning, 4500 dollars down the drain, i was in no mood to talk with anybody...
    mother ^#@*%$ truck motor only had 1500 miles on it. needless to say i was in a foul mood. found out today it was clearance problem between the valves and the pistons, set of heads down the drain (very expensive ones at that) #5 and#6 pistons are history, to pi%$ off to check deeper for bent rods
    any way, i guess by my attitude that i havent gotton over it yet
    i am planning to buy a crate motor in the next couple of weeks, so till then i am fit to be tied.

once again, i apologise for not returning your call. i know that was not very courtous, hanging head in shame..........
    i know i know.....BAD TRG BAD TRG!!!!!
    maybe next time, i will get to go.

TRG
  10. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

TRG,
    Sorry to hear about your motor.....not having gone through that, I can only imagine, BUT, when you start talking MONEY......I get the picture at the very least!!! :soapbox: I am assuming that you are getting a crate motor that is already "dialed up"?? or is it a stock motor that you are going to have spun up to your specs??!! Hopefully you are on the road again with a beast of a bike hauling cage!! ;)
    Nurse

oh, talked to the wife.....I mentioned the coast.....her eyes iit up.....mentioned schlitterbahn....eyes even wider.... think we may work something out depending on timing!!! :D
  11. cowboy

TGR, sorry to here about your truck, I do know how that feels , I had a shop do a engine for me back in 77-78, got 15 miles on here when it spun a rod bearning & pulled the tran;s with it , i was so hot my wife called mt brother & had him cut me off at the pass ( I had my 38 with me ) , lucky my brother cought me in time , anyway don't sweat it , just tilt head back & pour a Bud down :drunk:
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

isn't this the motor you had rebuilt just a while back buy some one else and it took for ever If I remember correctly. clearance problem on the valve to piston, suprised you got out the door with a problem like that. did something come undone or was it a timing problem malfarction. curiosity I guess. hope your letting the builder pick up the tab. 1500 miles tells me the feller missed something.
  13. AFNurse

something you may consider.... I called super trapp to ask more questions about the Super Trapp SE slipons..... I got a VERY interesting answer....up until not long ago, Super Trapp MADE the HD/Screaming Eagle pipes. It was not until HD wanted the screaming ealge pipes to be even quiter that they went away from them. The Super Trapp SE pipes ARE what Screaming eagle slip ons used to be..... you MIGHT consider asking them about baffels. Like I said, not a guarentee, but something that makes you go "hmmmmm"...... Oh, I was also told that they are looking at another product at Super Trapp..... could not get much info on it, but it is a slip on that is even quieter then what they currently have.
  14. cowboy

AFN, Thank's for the info, I had no idea supertrap was the first for SE pipes, How or where did you find a PH # for them
  15. chucktx

the way i have found to get the phone#'s of corporations and even there owners is to google it, then look for the corporate info........the numbers have to be listed........hope this helps......
  16. AFNurse

SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust is the website for the pipes, I then look around the site until I found their phone number (most the time under contact us.....). If not there, look for technical assistance under pipe specs/installation instructions or such....I KNOW the phone number is listed on the site someplace!! Just don't remember where.
  17. cowboy

Thank's to both ChuckTX & AFN
  18. chucktx

hope the info helps ya!!!!;) :D
  19. cowboy

I sent supertrapp a email last night , with the #'s from the pipes I have & as much info as I have on them , I never even thought of them till AFN said something & my bro-in-law run's supertrapp headers on his Bike , about 6yrs now
  20. lowmileage

lowmileage New Member

My SE2's have the baffles bolted in and they are easily removable. What you might want to try is the lolipop trick to give you some torque (back pressure). They are twist screws. I ended up drilling my baffles out a bit cause I didn't like the sounds without them.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007