1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SE1 Air cleaner maintenance

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Namato1, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Namato1

Namato1 New Member

I heard I could used brake clean on my SE1 air cleaner to clean it out, true or false? Is there a better method of maintining these things?
    Thanks.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Simple Green, put some in a mop bucket or pail, fill with water, put filter in and swirl then let soak for a bit, you'll see all the oil float out of it.

Wash from the inside out with fresh water to get the simple green out and let dry, re-oil but don't over oil the filter.
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Better yet, replace it with a K&N filter, only needs cleaning every 50,000 miles and they are gauranteed for 1,000,000 miles.:D