1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Seat for softail

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, May 17, 2004.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I have a 01 Softail with a fatboy seat that has the back removed. I'm looking for a new solo seat that has a little more support for the lower back without a backrest. I tried Harley's solo seat a couple of years ago. Luckily I was working at the dealership at the time and got it at cost, because by the time I made it to NYC I was ready to toss it. I think it was similar to the "buttcrack" one sold by High End. You really feel like something is getting shoved up there after a couple hundred miles.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Mustang, Corbin or LaPera solos for softails?
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

When a person thinks of accessories for there new bike they think of exhaust, handle bars, mirrors, and more chrome. When you get older and all the cool accessories are on the bike ya look at that next 4,000 mile trip and think of the booty, or the wife thinks of her booty, thats when a very important accessory comes into play. The best seat I have every put the ole booty on for those 4,000 mile trip has been made by Saddlemen. Now like I always say everyone has there own favorite. But I have settled on the "gel inserted seat". Saddlemen has proved to me to be the best most comfortable seat. And no I don't have any affiliation with selling Saddlemen. I work in a hard rock mine. But now back to your question, I have looked up some Saddlemen seats and the two solo seats I would reccomend would be the "Take Charge" and the "Renegade 2 Solo Seat". These two seats have a deep lumbar support I think you are looking for. You can see these at www.saddlemen.com. Ride Safe David.
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Bought it!

Thanks Dave. I went to the Saddlemen site to get detailed info on the seats you suggested and then ordered the Renegade II from Direct Parts.

I almost traded my customized Softail Standard for a Road King Custom but talked myself out of it. I figured if I could get a good seat and a decent set of saddlebags I could save a lot of money and not lose everything I've put into my softail over the last few years. It's like my best friend!

I'm looking forward to a long ride over Memorial Day weekend with my new seat.
  4. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

I'm sure your butt will be pleased with the results of the saddlemen seat. Ride Safe David.