1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Secret hand shake

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by rich, Dec 26, 2012.

1. rich

rich New Member

FNG here. i sighned up and was instructed to go to welcome mat to introduce myself, i think someone needs to blow the dust off that place as i don't think anyone looks there. i did see a chic got some responses awile back.:)
    i asked a question in the carb section which was read by a bunch of people but no response. i was just wondering if i missed the secret hand shake or something?
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Rich, Stick around awhile. Much activity going on on this forum. Just jump in any topics you care to. You'll find a great bunch of fellow bikers here who will welcome you.
  3. rich

rich New Member

thanks charley. i didn't want to just jump in om threads without saying hey first plus my lack of knowledge on most of these new models(**** the old ones to). seems like a bunch of good ol boys here.
    edit- ooops, looks like profanity gets me gold stars.
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Yeah, well don't hold back. I've learned a lot from these guys. 'made some friends here too. Lot's of good natured ribbing goin on too. Kenfuzed is THE carb guy IMHO.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I was just in the welcome mat area , ,& rich posted a pic of his pan with a cv carb nice looking ride , one of the mods here did the same cv build on his pan chuck Tx is the one , enjoy the ride here
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

where did ya score the manifold???
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Rich, like Charlie46 said, just jump in. These are good guys, and a number of them know their stuff. Always willing to help and give you a hard time. Not a lot of activity over Christmas, but just choose your forum and jump in. Welcome!
  8. rich

rich New Member

chuck, i found an adapter on ebay(go figure) a guy machines for cv carb. it's a press fit with a leeeetle bit of jb weld in there for good measure. it bolts right up to a sns o-ring manifold i had.
    you had said on another thread about setting up the carb. this is a stroker motor. about 88 or 90in. a few years ago when i got the carb i put in 175/48 jets. that was based on a guy running those in a 74in motor. i havn't ran it in this configuration for more than a coupla miles yet so i'll see about the jets. oh yeah and i just put that a/f screw in. carb is still on my bench.
    i just had a friend who does motors for a living tear the whole thing down and freshen everything up.
    i hope to get the bastard all dialed in this winter as i've built this thing 3 different times since 2004 and only ran it one short season on the old motor. i was never satisfied with how it turned out. i think i got it like i want it...........maybe.lol
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  9. rich

rich New Member

porkchop 001.jpg
    did it work
    holy ****. thanks hotroadking. man i'm puter literate now.
  10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

If you ever want to sell that Panhead, let me know.. That is a FUGGEN NICE BIKE!!!!!
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool about finding one....i built mine, actually built two of them. used exhaust pipe. there is a write up in the "tech" section. if the engine is about 80/90 in then go with the 88 jets. you can always tweek it just a bit. also,remember that panheads have the worst intake route of all the big inch harleys, so it wont preform like a late model. it wont have a great take off but will light em up mid way to wot!! good luck!!!
  12. rich

rich New Member

thanks for the compliment johnny. i would like something else and would have to sell porkchop(bikes nickname) to fund another.
  13. rich

rich New Member

chucktx, what do you mean by 88 jets. any info helps so much. so this cv carb should perform better than my linkert?:)
    i tried to find the thread on your manifold but couldn't find it. sheet, all the old threads are locked for some reason anyway.
  14. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I think he means Twin Cam 88 jetting,which is 45 pilot and 190 main for 48 state models...

That sure is a sweet ride!!!:cool::D