1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

See Yea...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 6, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Maddog and I are pointing the front wheel and don't know where we are going for two weeks.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man you both have a good time , ride safe & post pics of your adventure
  3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

:biker: Go for it. Enjoy, ride safe
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Have fun...
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

man, have a great time and like cowboy said.....PICS!!!!!!
  6. FLHTbiker

Well, things took a bad turn and I'm back home. We made it to Kennewick WA and did the flag ceremony all right. Then, we went out to dinner and eat at the Texas Road House. That night myself and some others wound up with a real bad case of food Poisening. I have never been so sick before in my life and coming out both ends at the same time. Worse than a real bad drunk. Was up all night with it. The temps up there that day was 107F and I knew I was done. We were still sick riding back home the next day and one guy had to pull over on I-84 and was bent over the guard rail heaving up his guts. Got home called the DR office and they said to be sure you stay hydrated and get lots of rest. So went to bed and crashed all the rest of the day and night. Still sick but getting better.
    Maddog eat a different item on the menu so he was OK and he decided to keep going on the trip but headed back west.
    Just recieved a call from him and he is back home. Said he is not feeling well and he looked at the temps and where he wanted to go its all over 100 so he is staying put. Temps here are in the 70's today. Guess it was a bad time for a trip.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Wow, bad trip (as we used to say in the 60s). Hope you are better today. Food poisoning is the worst. I got it eating oranges from Walmart of all things. Was sick for days afterwards. Had to be illegals picking the fruit with "dirty" hands.

Now I wash everything with soap before I eat it. Everything.
  8. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear hope ya bettter.
    I WASH all vegs n fruits with soap n a scrubee! NO exceptions. And I check country of origin for them too. China and others are showing up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  9. FLHTbiker

Those of us that got sick eat ground Sirloin covered in a mushroom gravy sauce plus I had a backed potato. We also eat one of the flowering onion rings.
    I'm with you on the vegi's especially from *****y land and mex land or even from calif that are picked by the illegal workers.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

probably combined with heat pushed ya over the edge.
  11. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Betchya it was the ground meat. I got it once from a meatball sandwich(hero). Thought I was gonna die ! On my back and running to the bowl for 3 days.:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
  12. FLHTbiker

Yea the heat probably played a roll in it. We hit several road construction projects on Hwy 14 from Biggs Junction to Kennewick where we got stopped for a long time at each one. Still had plenty of water with me and was drinking lots. One women who is over weight and a passenger on their bragger collapsed from the heat. The area where we were has high rock walls in the Columbia Gorge and the heat reflects off of them to the point you feel like your in a bake oven. Plus we live in the Willamete Valley Where the temps are much more moderate. Like Charlie I to thought I was gonna die.
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man bummer dude , good to here your on the up swing , bad food , high heat will knock your ---- in the dirt , been there done that & used the shirt to well you know