1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

See you all in about 8 days

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, May 1, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I know thanks for the warning. Starting my instructor classes tomorrow morning for MSF and Riders Edge. It runs from Saturday to Saturday 7:30 AM to who know what time in the evenings. The weather is going to suck for the riding portion, rain predicted all week. :( If I'm back on here early you know they failed me or I told the instructor where to go and I got kicked out. :D Doubt if that does happen, pissing off the instructor that is but ya never know. Anyway see everyone in about a week or so.
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ya still want us to send the pontoons for yer bike - yer probably gonna need em!:roflmao:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

have fun!!!!!!!
  4. fujimo

fujimo New Member

pontoons

i will tell you what guys,,,he IS RIDING IN WATER,,, this place has been really wet for last week,,,and 40 to 50 mile gusts,,,we put up 1000 flags for field of honor thursday,,,rode accross bridge friday for pics and news,,,, parade sat,,, took flags down sunday,,,, i have taken two showers a day trying to get warmed back up,,,, my leathers wiegh about 50 pounds,,, boots are about that heavy,,, i can imagine rideing course in this crap,,,pops
  5. FLHTbiker

I made it through the riding course and passed it plus all the other required exercises but had to opt out due to work. Just had to much work coming in and would loose several thousand bucks, so they will let me finish next fall when they do another class. Sucks, the week before no work and the week of the classes the phone wouldn't stop ringing. Big commercial job came in, can't pass it up.
    Yes I was on the course during some of the worst rain and wind ever for May. We exceeded the average rain fall for the month in two days, the days while on the range. The hardest part on the course was the U-turn 8 foot box and knowing how and what to do when you do the demo for each 17 exercises. First try in practice I couldn't keep that dang Buel Blast in the box but finally got used to it and with the correct head turns and counter balance, then it was a piece of cake. It was very intense and extremely stressful those first days, I have not been that stressed out in years. We lost 3 instructor candidates in the first 3 days. So I'll finish up with it in the fall class, which was nice of them to allow me to do that. Well off to work for a full schedule but at least I'll be able to pay some bills.
  6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Well done so far. Good luck with the rest of the course later in the year. And if you want to share any tips......
  7. chucktx

congrats!!!! those classes are not easy!!!! and i agree with ashley......any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Good Luck and some fair weather - hopefully this was a maverick year and next year will be "normal" weather for this time of year.
    Had to cancel out two events because of the weather up here; but what the heck - always more comin up!
  9. fujimo

fujimo New Member

hells can

dont tell me you will be too busy for hells canyon run,,,, my daughter family and around 14 others will be there,,,next to play ground,,,pops
  10. FLHTbiker

Got my reservations, so I'll be there. I rode the Oregon 500 today. All total we did 550 miles today. Left the house at 3.30 AM got down to the National Guard Armory by the Portland Airport got signed in and our group left at 5 AM. Had breakfast in Drain. Wound up going up 126 and over to 22 then into Detroit then back to the Armory where my check in time was 5 :19 PM. Not bad for all the back roads we rode on plus stopping for food.
  11. FLHTbiker

One tip to pass on which probably most already know and that is to look in the direction you want to go. In a curve look to the exit of the curve and counter steer. Push left to go left and push right to go right. U-turns on a two lane road should be able to do those without stopping, backing up or finding a wide spot. Do a head check behind you make sure the on coming path of travel is clear look to the exit where you want to go. Push left if going left while keeping your head and eyes up...looking again to the exit. You may have to do some counter balance like put more weight on the right side while doing the other steps but should be able to do a U-turn. It does work and while on the Oregon 500 had to use it as the lead bike missed the turn and we had to do a U-turn to head back.
  12. chucktx

thanks..........good advise!!!