1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Seemed like a good idea...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

[​IMG]Geez Abbey, can't believe you rode in snow. I'd have turned around and tried again some other day.

Although I do remember coming home from a trip to the Grand Canyon (North Rim) in May a couple years ago. Started snowing as I rode north from Durango going over Molas Pass. I was commited by then, so I continued over Coal Bank Pass and Red Mountain Pass while going through a blizzard. Couldn't see the road or the big drop-offs, but continued on to Ouray where I about collapsed in front of a motel. I stayed there for 2 days (soaking in the hot springs) just to be sure the snow was gone.

Attached Files:

3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I just wanted to get my bike home. I didn't think it was going to get that bad. The weather came in so quickly.

LOVE Ouray. It's a very special place for me. I can't imagine doing the Million Dollar Highway in the snow. :eek:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya gonna ride in the snow and blizzards, ya need one of these!!!!

Attached Files:

5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Ohhh, that's what Sportsters are for. :roflmao:

Just kidding!!!
  6. chucktx

and i did ride in the snow...once....not nearly as bad as you had it tho....

Attached Files:

7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

at least you made it home safe , got caught in a snow storm in the middle of no where new mexico , made it to Roswell Nm with wore out soles on me boots & a shovel head pack in snow got a room there & the next morning found out the coil was so cold/hot all at once it crack open :eek: & on a sunday & i still need to get to alb good thing the desk knew a guy who had a coil , rode about 60-70 miles in that storm & it droped about 5-6 in , don't have any pics did'nt like them back them (did'nt know if i was a wanted man or not so got camara shy for years :rolleyes:
  8. alex the dog

Ouray is my favorite little town in Colorado, especially after riding 2 hours thru the snow. I parked the bike and walked around town looking for a drink (several), then a place to soak in the hot mineral pools (several of them too). Met a couple bikers stuck just like me, and ended up having one of the best weekends ever. I felt bad that my baby was outside covered with 12" of snow though. I sure could have used that Sportster snowmobile!

Abby, do you have a safe place to park your bike in your new digs?

Attached Files:

9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I do. The house as a garage that's almost empty. The woman who owns the house as a new Deluxe, which was just about the only thing in it. Now my bike is there too. :D
  10. alex the dog

Great. Now keep your bike warm and pray for a sunny day in 10 days. I'm coming to the big "D" for the bike show there. Couple of friends here might go also. Will let you know more later.
  11. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey, HarleysLR is going to that as well! Maybe you all can meet up?
  12. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

HarleysLR and I are on top of it. Our booths are pretty close to each other, which is amazing considering the size of the event.
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Got caught in an unexpected white out when I was crossing over Bear Tooth pass in July one year heading to a bike rally in Billings Montana. Glad you made it and your safe. Getting caught in snow like that can be a bit unnerving. Glad your baby is inside, makes a big difference in the long run. :)
  14. chucktx

y'all have fun and post up some pics....ok?????:)