1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Serviceing Forks, and gel seats

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Spantuso, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Spantuso

Spantuso New Member

Have a 2007 Ultra, like to service the forks on my own. How do I get to the filler on the top side? What is the best gel seat out there to use.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Go to dealer and get a Service Manual
    it details the procedure step by step
    tools, torque settings, fluid levels

Best $40 to $50 you will spend
    do not get an aftermarket one
    get the Factory service manual...
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i agree.......there are lots of steps...to many to list. factory service manual....bet tool in the box!!! the first time you use it, it will pay for itself. welcome to the forum!!
  4. Spantuso

Spantuso New Member

Thanks guys, I'll take your advise
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

spantuso That's the best book to have right along with the parts book for your model ,If you want to do your own work both books work hand in hand & we'll all try to put in any advice we can to help you along , good luck & let us know how your doing :D & on the seats chuck out mustang seats ,I here there darn good