1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Shoei Qwest

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 11, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Went to Cycle Gear today. Been saving for months. Finally got me a Shoei Quest helmet. A lot of the wind noise is gone and a lot of the wind buffering is gone too. Helmet ain't even broke in and it fits like a Glove. Good air flow

[​IMG]

Shoei Qwest Detailed Review - YouTube
  2. cardboard

3. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

That is a heck of a helmet. Tried one on, man it did feel like a glove, just a bunch of money...!!
  4. cardboard

Ya know a few years ago, I was on a ride to Big Bend State Park, following some friends.
    They was in front and went down. Luckly they had helmets on. Seen the impact of the helmet hit the road. Broke leg and arm and shoulder messed up.
    Also seen the helmet all skint up from slidin down the road at 70mph.
    Don't think they ever thought about it twice of losing the helmet of having to buy a new one.
    Last time I seen him he had a shoei on.

Also got my best buddy that I rode a harley with, that his son was on a kawasaki and hit the ground and slid a long way on his head. His son still has the Shoei to prove it saved his life.
    John Boy said it was the best money he had ever spend.
    I know you can go in a store and find the size that fits you and go on the web and git it cheaper.
    But with cycle gear, if you buy a helmet, you can use if for 7 days and take it back and swap it for a different one.
    They haven't had a single compaint on the qwest and its a touring helmet.
    WAsn't designed for crotch rocket bikes. The RF1100 was, It was designed to be bent over to draw air in the helmet.

If you don't like wearing a helmet Fine.
    But when you git one, the shoei is a nicer helmet, much softer paddin in it. Makes for a nicer fit.
    Its carbon fiber and kevalar.
    Light weight.
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Yea, you are right, wearing a Scorpion Full Face in this cold weather. I have been down before, thank goodness had a helmet on, not going 70, but had a not very expensive helmet, it cracked from the rear vent. I walked away, but it got my attention. After that, hard to get on without a helmet, think about what my head would have looked like. But I still think it should be up to everyone individually.
  6. cardboard

Glad you didn't git hurt.

When I seen my friends go down it shook us up pretty good.
    The OL wanted to call the trip off. She has never witnessed it before.
    I had, but It made me sick to see the pain.
    You can't compete with the concrete.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ya need to get your can of walmart spray paint and paint that thing to match your bike...........crap, ya gonna look like ya need to be sittin on a honda with a white helmet and a black bike.........or trying to imitate your idols the police....................:rolleyes:
  8. cardboard

How hot does it git in the summer. 101 102 103

Know how well black draws hear.

Got a black helmet. I will wear my white one and you wear the black one I have.
    Tell me about how it works BullWinkle