1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Shooting 4 miles from me at a large Mall

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 11, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

There has been a shooting with multiple people shot at a Mall called Clackamas Town Center. This is 4 miles from me. Heard several wounded and two dead. Guy in a camouflaged coat with an assault style rifle with a mask and what appeared to be a bullett proof vest on go running into a Macy's store and opened fire. News is still coming in.
  2. FLHTbiker

Clackamas County Police has said that the shooter was neutralized, nice way of say he is dead. So far I know there has been Seven or more wounded and two dead. Pretty bad and didn't think it would happen here.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

seen that on our local ABC news here looked & sounded bad
  4. FLHTbiker

Shooter took the cowards way out by shooting himself. Had to shoot and kill other innocent people to give him his excuse to put one in his own head. Dirtbags peace of nothing. Couldn't just do himself in sitting at home no had to kill and hurt others.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Saw it on the news tonight and knew that was in ya neighborhood. None of us are immune to screwballs.
  6. FLHTbiker

Had to go to the Sunset Chapter HOG meeting tonight and the traffic from the shooting was backed up in every direction. Took me 11/2 hours to get there. Maddog said it was 25 minutes from where he lives.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Just read about it online. I don't watch much TV and never read newspapers anymore. Too depressing. First thing I thought - hey, that FLHT's stompin' grounds. Sorry to hear it. There's wacko's everywhere now. You never know where they'll strike next.

Our little country school now has a locked door policy. A few years ago, our doors were never locked during the day. Sad commentary on our country . . .
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately these guys/gals are everywhere...It is just a matter of when they will strike...Just one more reason to be prepared...
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Wonder how many people had a pistol license ?
    Times are bad. People are having issues. If the citizens of America choose to not arm themselves so they can fight back, this kind of thing is gonna continue to happen,
    Look at how many robberies go on across the United States.
    Economy is not as good as it may seem. A lot of folks are out of work and having marital problems. People of today can't cope.
  10. marc 55

Wonder how many people had a pistol license ?

My guess is not enough...Some may disagree but I think all gun owners should be licensed and printed...What do you have to hide? Saw some fricking yahoo on the news over the weekend who went to buy a rifle and was bitching that he was going hunting in a few days with some friends and the wait we have here in NJ was not fair...I do not buy that at all...You wait a few days before you are going hunting and then buy a gun...Screw you...Follow the proper procedure like most other folks...
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Marc don't mean this to be personal, as far as board, bikes, etc... but that kinda stings so I'll unleash a response to the general tone of the topic as you presented the idea,

No offense but you can keep your government licensed list of printed people in yer wacko liberal blue state with it's wacko sense of gun laws etc... :gah: (see I mean noo joisey laws)

What have I got to hide - nothing, however the real question should be :
    and what right does the government have to watch me and track me -

Unless they have proof of me doing something wrong, not one fuggin reason.

Suspect I'm doing something wrong think I'm a problem, get some proof get a warrant, I don't want to live in a communist country, screw that idea, that's just absurd..

What's next, black box in car, track my speed, send me a bill if I go over, tax my miles based on roads driven, track my location by day, track all my calls, log them and emails (feds already do this to some extent)

Remember its Innocent until proven guilty, and no I don't believe the government has any right to track me for any reason using the bullshidt argument "if you are not doing anything wrong don't worry about it"

But if you like that stuff, live in a blue state with gun laws that restrict your
    rights big time, no hollow points, yeah brilliant, everyone carries guns with FMJ brass that can punch through a car door, or goes through 4 or 5 people, or through walls in your home and kills your kids, wife, neighbor.

Thank god for the Gunshine state....:D

Yes follow the rules to buy, fine, do the background check, great, whatever your state requires when buying from an FFL. As far as person to person, it's none of the govt's business if I want to sell FLHT a gun, meet him on the road and trade cash or trade guns.

Oh and for the feds monitoring this, I have no guns, never had, I just like to post
    about them, yeah, and I uh, voted for Zero, and like Unions, yeah, and uh I drive a GM product,:roflmao:
  13. FLHTbiker

We have a process here in Oregon where you have to fill out paperwork on every single gun purchase. We are finger printed for each purchase. It takes about 15 minutes to run your background check and once approved you take your gun home. They also have to take your drivers license and do a photo copy of it. I think that's enough bull from the government.
    Getting a background check is not going to stop anyone from going into a place and shooting it up. The problem is society today. To many screwed up nut cases walking around and yea can't find out by a background check unless they have a felony, wife beating issue on their record or something like that. But a background check can't tell if a guy is gonna go out and open fire on a bunch of people.
    I agree with HRK 100 percent
  14. marc 55

No problem...Personal is good...I said some may disagree and expected it...Be pretty boring if we all agreed...We are all entitled to our own opinions which will differ on occasion...I can legally buy hollow points in NJ...I have never sold a gun to a person but just out of curiosity why should the law not be the same if I buy/sell a gun from a person or a store with the exception of the background check which I do not have access to as an individual...I just don't see the problem with reporting that I sold X gun, model #, serial # to John Q Public...In a way I am covering my own azz just in case the gun is used in a crime, or stollen from the new owner and used down the road for a crime...Buying or selling a car from/to a dealer or individual I have to follow the same process and show proof of insurance and all the required documents...JMHO...
  15. marc 55

If someone wants a to get a gun they will...There is not a damn thing you or I can do about it...I agree partially about the background check but there have been occasions where people have been denied gun ownership and thank God they were...It is a delicate issue...
  16. hotroadking

The rules apply to FFL dealers, if you want to change them in your state, have at it,
    it just assures NJ that many firearms owning, law abiding, tax paying people will never set foot in NJ, buy or own property or taxes in your state...

BTW you cannot transport those HP in your gun in NJ, yeah you can buy them but just take them to the range in a separate box, not in the same compartment in the car, and not in the gun. You can use them in your home, but no where else right? Not sure about SD rounds in NJ but the one bullet rep I talked to said NJ is a minefield for this stuff.

There is no need to register anything I do in a private sale and why does the government need to know, can you prove that the guns used in private sales are more likely to cause crime? no

Let me ast you'se a question, do you think criminals, in Noo Joisey are gonna look at that law and say, "Why Tyquan my good fellow, we do not want to be outside the law in our transfer of my Glock fo-tay to you. Therefore I need you to meet me at my LGS and be finger printed, photographed, a copy of the fired rim of the case and record the transaction for the government, oh and pay a $50 fee for the transfer as well"

You really think the criminals are going to go to the LGS or cops and record the sale.

No I know you know better.

The fact is doing that does nothing to help solve crimes, protect people or curtain illegal gun sales, nothing. Criminals don't give a rats patoootie about some registration law.

All it will do is cost you and me more, reduce sales, increase paperwork and create a government tracking program that costs millions to monitor and results in nothing other than finding out a stolen gun was used in a crime, which, they would have known anyway when the gun was reported stolen.

Unless it was a Highpoint picked outta treyvons buick last night and used to rob
    da likker store in trenton...
  17. FLHTbiker

On the news just now they have said he is a young man and has no prior criminal history. The gun was a AR 15 semi automatic rifle and that the gun was stolen not purchased. Showed a picture of him, young white guy as I stated with longer hair and ear rings in both ears. No one knows why as he shot himself before the cops could take him down. He was wearing a ballistic load bearing vest. Very sad but another nut case on the loose and no motive known.
  18. FLHTbiker

One thing I do believe is that if you want a drivers license and a concealed handgun permit that you should speak, understand and be able to read our language. Maddog was in a gun shop this week and a Orientel guy was buying a AR15 rifle and had to have an interpreter there to buy it and fill out the paper work. My opinion but this is wrong.
  19. marc 55

Yikes...The owner of the shop needs a talking to...Things get lost in translation as we all know...JMHO...
  20. hotroadking

That's my point, registering every sale, recording finger prints,
    taking a case from a fired round from the gun (Former NY law with a multi million dollar program to record the cases of the bullets ended up solving Zero cases and wasting millions of taxpayer dollars) do nothing to solve the problem.

Man I wish someone with a CWP had been there and taken the guy down...

It's like the TSA it makes some people feel good because someones doing something
    but the real problem is we need more LEO, more tougher sentences, more jails (we have more criminals and more people, use that tax money for more jails) punishment and removal from the public.

So now that we know it's another nutcase maybe we should have forced 12 months of psycological review and a federally funded review board to determine if you are ok to buy a gun with a 2 year wait....

Nothing suggested before would have stopped this crime...