1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Shooting at Ft Hood

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 2, 2014.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That really sucks, pray for the innocent
  3. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

is a sad fact that in the past if you had a problem with yourself or other people things were [ figured out]without taking a toll on other people. in the present times actions are taken with little thought to the bad effect to all, including there friends and family, my most heartfelt to the innocent.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

until all the facts are out ,I hold my thoughts on the shooter , But it's a sad day for all involed family & friends prayers go out to all
  5. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    I really have a problem with training recruits/personnel on how to use a gun, then saying to them, we don't trust you enough to carry them on base. Gun free zones are just advertised killing zones. This guy might have got one shot off if recruits/personnel carried but that's it. But chances are he wouldn't have even tried it knowing he might be nailed first. When you tell people you cannot protect yourself, then you darn sure should provide enough security at every corner and building to provide it. That means hundreds of personnel. Short of that you are part of the manslaughter and are just as responsible as the shooter. You'll not see the thousands needed for that security though. Just continued killing zones because a few don't like the reality that guns detour gun use. They want to live in a dream world. I just don't get it.
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I've never understood that either. If a police officer can carry a weapon each time he wears the uniform, why in the military can you not always have your personal sidearm on you when in uniform? In the world of today, it seems like it should be as required as polish on boots.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank bill clinton for the rule.

Stupidity at it's finest.
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I don't know about your area but we have had some cops go off the deep end...It can happen to anyone...Another reason for protection...
  9. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    But can the idiots that put these stupid rules in place point to the number of cases where being unarmed resulted in no loss of life. I can sure point to cases where being unarmed has. Anyone with an ounce of brain should see it doesn't work that way. People with the intent to kill, will. The ONLY way to fight that is to be prepared to take action against them. People are just trying to live in a dream world. It's time someone slapped them awake!