1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Shooting at High School Troutdale OR

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 10, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Shooter with a semi-auto weapon entered the school and shot one student. School is located just outside of Portland. Reports indicate a teacher also injured. Police reported that the shooter was cornered in a bathroom and is now dead. Really sucks and feel for the family of the student. Also sucks as now the anti gun people will be out in force again.
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

3. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    Looks like Obozo hired several idiots for detraction and further gun control crap!
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  4. FLHTbiker

One student dead and one teacher wounded but not serious. Gunman chased the teacher down the hall and took a wild shot at him. Gunman goes into a student bathroom them blows his head off. Troutdale school has a lot of gang violence so we will see.
    School is approx. 20 miles away.
  5. marc 55

One less scumbag and no tax payer $$ wasted to keep him alive...Just my $0.02
    hogcowboy likes this.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't have happened there are laws against bringing a gun to school...
  7. FLHTbiker

Plus we have background checks even at all gun shows.
  8. FLHTbiker

The shooter was a 15 year old student and obtained the AR-15 rifle from family. The gun was locked in a safe but he managed to by-pass the lock, probably found the hidden key. He carried it in a guitar case which explains how he got it through the front door of the school. He had several magazines full of rounds with him. He also had a semi auto pistol with him but did not use it. Still no relationship found between the shooter and the 14 year old kid that was killed.
  9. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

I have to admit, when I was in high school, there were several I would have liked to kill. My parents had guns. So why didn't I do it? Could it be that I knew I'd die if I touched them? Or I didn't have violent video games showing how cool it is? Maybe both. And there is my point. Parents letting kids literally getting away with murder.
  10. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct about the games but lets not forget the movies and tv. The kids have been made numb to the sanctity of life. Further, God has been made into a superstition. Truly satan is enjoying success in our country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  11. marc 55

I went to college in Maine back in the early 70's. The back of the campus was hundreds of acres and we could hunt. We would bring our guns in the cafeteria at breakfast and leave from there. No one even blinked an eye. Times have changed. For the worse.
  12. FLHTbiker

Yea but you and all of us back then never even thought about hurting anyone. We were to busy chasing girls and having a good time. None of us even had a computer. They sure seemed like good times back then. I remember seeing my first Harley back then and though what a monster. :)
  13. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Those days are long gone when guns weren't the issue they are today. All of the things mentioned above contribute to the insanity we face now. Plus the alienation our electronic gizmos cause. People can be in the same room and never take their noses out of their gizmos, hardly say a word to each other. I've seen it over and over again. They "communicate" with each other via texting or some other people-avoiding abomination. So, we ignore each other, we ignore God, indulge in the basest narcissism while TV and the movies continue to bombard us with desensitizing violence, crime and sex and back-talking kids who know more than their stupid parents will ever know.
  14. FLHTbiker

The wife and I support the grandkids at all there soccer games yet there dad who is a know it all has his nose stuck in his phone, texting and surfing the net. His son cries for his attention and when he comes over he wants to sit on my lap, it's very sad.
  15. marc 55

I also put a lot of blame on the parents..Just look at the way kids talk to and treat their parents...Don't know about your parents but my parents would not tolerate any bull shit...Step out of line and God help you...
  16. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Yep, I'd have to go pick my head up off the floor. Now days if a parent would do that they would themselves be in trouble with child protection groups. It's time they mind their own business and let parents discipline any darn way they see fit. I survived and so can they. Teachers need to be able to discipline as well.
  17. FLHTbiker

Yep, parents need to be more involved and discipline from parents needs to be started at an early age. Nothing wrong with a good spanking sometimes.
  18. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Each year I make it clear to my 9 year old's new homeroom teacher at the start of the year, I want to know the school side of any issues with my daughter in class, and the teacher is free to call me at home or at work on anything they see as a future concern. Too many parents blame the schools for all their kids issues.
  19. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

One time talking to me dad I referred to my mom as "she..." The next thing I was flat on my back on the floor. Dad didn't appreciate my lack of respect by calling mom "she".
    Watch the shows the kids watch on tv. Years ago I say down as my sons watched "Full House". Holy shirt, the adults are portrayed as clowns. Laugh track every time the adults said something. Now when I was a kid Bud did his punishments without a word and there weren't laugh tracks when Dr Stone came down on Bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  20. FLHTbiker

Who is DR Stone and Bud?

The worst I remember was the Flintstones but that came on after our bed time. Remember my dad loved Gunsmoke but again after bedtime or we were to busy outside playing. When I was out of the service there was Archie Bunker, god I hated that show. His wife reminded me of my mother in law.
    My daughter has funneled the grandkids into soccer all year round and now they are both playing in upper levels. Crap my kindergarten granddaughter is playing on the same level as second graders. They have allotted times when they get to use their iPads.