1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Shovelhead Fires Up

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by pappycool, Aug 26, 2008.

1. pappycool

pappycool New Member

Yee Ha......my shovel fires up again! :D Alright guys, all that followed and helped with my problem when the shovelhead wouldn't crank. Found out that there was a wire on my ignition switch that had some broken strands. Cut it off and put a new end on it and she fired right up. HD dealership thought at first that the ignition was bad, but after the mechanic talked to Crane Cams tech, he found the HI 4 ignition was OK. He later found there was a problem getting the full current through one of the wires in the switch. The tech at Crane Cams told me one guy had a short in his tail light and that caused his to screw up. Go figure. Guess everything electrical has to be just right for these things to work right. Raining here, but hope to pick her up in a day or so and hit the road! Thanks all for all the suggestions. Ride Safe:)
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it's runnin:D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is good to hear!!!!!! a simple little fix!!!:) have fun and stay safe!
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

all that for a crapy wire, amazing. glad to hear you got it running agian.
  5. whacker

whacker Active Member

Glad to hear you got it running and it was nothing serious......