1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Site patches

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

throwin this out.....my ol'lady makes one off patches and multis. she does this as a way to clear the cobwebs from her regular job. if we wanted patches she would make them, and only charge for material and postage....just me thinking, and putting the offer out........:)
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

She has an embroidery machine? :mad: Just kidding. Or jealous really.

I don't have patches on stuff, but it sounds like a good idea. Is this follow-up from where Red was talking about identifying ourselves?
  3. chucktx

yes abby, she has one of those machines, and it has cords going to a puter. i have even made a patch or two on it!!! lol lol...and yes, this is a follow up on his post. just an idea, and tryin to keep it all within our members without haveing to outsourse......i feel there is too much talent here that big money needs to be spent outside.......everyone on here has some type of talent,,,,,mine is being lazy and chauvinistic.......:) :D
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Would She Sew It On A Bennie?
  5. chucktx

if it will fit in her hoop, she could embroider it directly on the beanie.....as long as it isnt thick leather...........:)
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'll take one on any cheap orange ballcap (for meeting-up purposes - NOT everyday wear....unless I'm quail hunting!), and one patch unattached. And I don't even desire free work, price her labor into it for Heaven's sake! Tell me the cost and I'll send the $$ first. If she could stitch "Red Rider" into it, that would be perfect. Either PM me, e-mail to redrider_hd@hotmail or just post the details here for all to see. Some $ should go to the site, too, as without the site there is no point.
    :cheers:
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

nothing like an in, anyway, I would go for a beannie, I would probably stick the patch on my t-bag, and say a black+ red cap/bennie can be discrete, say the bike with a B-T, and the screen name if'n ya wanted,
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Just tell us how much she wants to make them chuck, I got no problem throwin a few bucks to her. Nothin is ever "free", and I wouldn't ask for anything for free.
  9. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I would like to see a patch of just the bike logo at the top. Maybe 4" wide or so. I'll take two when ya get it all sorted out.

BTW.............does she know you're pimpin her out like this? LOL
  10. chucktx

she came up with this. it is 4 inces long. can be most any size, and a name is no problem. i checked with her and i spoke a bit to soon. she doesnt have the hat/beannie hoop. she can do the patches with no problem or shirts. the shirt would be a direct design, no patch.
    i hope this doesnt sound like im pushing this, i am just throwing this out there, for us.:)

Attached Files:

11. chucktx

:roflmao: for nearly 30 years i've been doin that!!!!!!!!:D
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sound's & look's good to me as well , I'll fellow the group on this & say she can't work for free , hell chuck you might need a bottle of jack :D
  13. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Just as a reminder, if you want it on a hat, as she does not have a hat hoop, you can get the patch, then go to the mall....get a blank hat (nothing on it), then have someone sew the patch onto the hat......
  14. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

oh yeah

I like it. OCC uses orange on black alot(my son has their stuff on beanies and shirts. I'll take a patch or six for things, I can get them sewn on out here at home. It ll be kinda cool spotting another BikeTalk member at a locak shin dig. I still kinda wanna take two weeks or so and plot out a route and meet a few of ya all on yer own home turf so I'd know where to go to enjoy some local riding and scenery.:cool:
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Awesome Chuck, I'll take a patch or two. Can she embroider my "voodoochild" on it? I might even send her a mock turtle neck to do it on. Just tell me how much and if the rest of the forum is doing the same.
  16. Red Rider

AFNurse - Mall? WTF? We just got our Wal-mart here in rural America!

But I'm cool with getting the local cleaners to sew it on a hat.....
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

You can buy this stuff called "fusible web" and iron it onto anything. Some stitching around the edges is always good though. Surely your wives have sewing machines, don't they?

Cool patch!
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep & she knows how to use it
  19. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I like that patch a lot. I will definitely take two, one for my vest and the other for my jacket. My wife has a sewing machine too but I have a feeling it will be me learning how to use it. She's new at sewing and a little nervous with it.

A T-shirt would be cool too with the same logo either across the back or maybe a small one on the left breast.
  20. Red Rider

I like Max's idea of the logo on a T-shirt - large on the back and small on the front. I'd buy 2 and 2 patches.