1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Slip ons

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by roadkinger, Jun 28, 2009.

1. roadkinger

roadkinger Member

I have a question about my 05 road king and the slip ons that came with it.The stealership that i bought it from said it has the SE exhaust and some extras.I have asked some of my buds and they say its a racing exhaust, but i`ll get the right answer from someone on this forum.On the slip on it reads...

NOT FOR ROAD USE

This product is designed for use on closed course competition motorcycles only and does not conform to U.S. epa noise emission standards.Use on motorcycles subject to epa noise regulations constitutes tampering and is a violation of federal law unless it can be shown that such use does not cause the motorcycle to exceed applicable federal standards.

There is a #84910-99 on it that i can not find on the HD website, but would appreciate any suggestions on what kind it is...:confused:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the "NOT FOR ROAD USE" is a label to prevent liability to moco. it depends what "extras" are on the bike. when set up correctly even the use of off road stuff will pass emissions testing. i am not sure what the regulations are in canada, but there are folks on here from there and hopefully they will have a better answer for you........
  3. roadkinger

roadkinger Member

Thanks chuck
  4. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Those are Scremin Eagle II slip ons. As with any other slip on out there, they do not conform to the EPA so they are not for Road Use. It is a disclaimer for the lawyer in all of us. Legally, the service department cannot sell and install the mufflers for you, but they will have you buy the parts from the parts department and then install, "customer supplied parts".