1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Slipon Question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 1loneultra, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 1loneultra

1loneultra New Member

A question about my (64903-99) SE discontinued mufflers.
    There are three outlet holes on each slipon.
    Two are 1 and 1/2 inches in diameter and one is a 3/8 inch hole.
    Do other mufflers have this many?
    Would this type of muffler lack the back pressure I need for optimal performance from an 88 cid?
    I have a 2005 Ultra 1450 with SE Air Filter Kit and have had it dyno tuned with a SE Race Tuner.
    I noticed a fall in low end torque when these were installed.
    It did get a little better after the dyno though.
    I am still running the stock crossover headpipes.
    Runs OK in the upper RPM range but just lacks that low end torque.
    I am thinking about switching to Rush mufflers since the baffles can be changed out to my level of sound preference.
    Anybody running these mufflers? How do you like them?
    Do you think this will help?

Thanks,
    magnoliarunner
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

1loneultra, I'am not sure of what your saying , there's only one outlet on a exhaust pipe & one inlet , there might be a small hole , if they have removeable baffles ,tourning mufflers will have three small holes around the exit end to hold the end cap's on look in the for sale section there's a set of tourning pipes there , look at both end's & see if there like your , or try to post a pic of your's
    :cool:
  3. Namato1

Namato1 New Member

The third outlet hole is most likely for the crossove tube.
  4. Namato1

Namato1 New Member

I added the V&H slipons to my 04 Sportster
    Three outlets;
    Inlet
    Outlet
    Crossover tube
  5. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

:confused: won't the cross-over have to do with the header pipe? and not the muffler
  6. Namato1

Namato1 New Member

Not sure about all models but on my 04 Sportster the slip on's connect to the crossover.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

1loneultra.....the mufflers you are trying to use arnt for a touring model. they may not have the correct mounting at the rear of the pipe. tour pipes, when used with the crossover only have an inlet and outlet. it sounds as if you have a set of mufflers for a stagered set up, with a crossover between the two mufflers. stagered mount on the same side, like a piglet...opps, i mean sportster........:D
  8. 1loneultra

1loneultra New Member

Yes they are made to fit touring models.
    They slip on the head pipe with a clamp and attaches at the rear using the saddlebag supports.
    The three holes I am talking about can be seen by looking at the slash cut end.

Thanks for the help,
    1loneultra
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im asking this question as i cant see them.......when you look in the outlet end of the pipe there are 3 holes??? 2big ones and 1little one??.....if so, i havent seen one like that and maybe somebody else has.......
  10. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

A picture would be worth a thousand words here, and since I don't feel like typing that much I found a picture of these in the catalog. :D

Looking at the picture I don't see the third hole your talking about. Based on this picture can you describe where the other hole is in relation to either the inlet or outlet?

Anyone wondering if these are actually for his model, here's the catalog description:
    64903-99 SCREAMIN’ EAGLE ONE-PIECE PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS
    These mufflers, which feature a free-flowing baffle design that allows increased performance and a deeper sound. They do not require the separate purchase of end caps, providing a more affordable performance option. For race application only. Slash Down 64903-99 Fits ’95-later FLHT, FLHR and FLTR models. EFI models require ECM recalibration through applicable calibration cartridge or through EFI Race Tuner Kit. See EFI Race Tuner Kit fitment or calibration matrix for possible application.
    Slash Down, ’95-later FLHT, FLHR and FLTR

Attached Files:

11. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

he's talking about the se off road use muffs and ifnya get down like your about to suck the the chrome off but instead look up the pipes outlet you will see 3 holes in triangle pattern in the diameters stated by the lone 1 these pipes do not meet the emissions or noise levels allowed in grandmas neighborhood so they stamp for off road use only then set them up to fit a touring model that way you can be loud and proud.
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

by my understanding two into one for the low end and trueduels and muffs for the high end along with the air cleaner and I would go with a stock shape or there abouts k-n style filter after that you get to the nuts and bolts for the performance enhancers
  13. 1loneultra

1loneultra New Member

Everybody,

Sorrow it took so long, but here goes.
    Here is a picture of the slipon I am talking about. I hope I got it right.
    It looks like with all these holes I am lacking back pressure bigtime.
    I am thinking about changing to a Rush slipon maybe 1.75" or 2.0" baffle.
    Do ya'll they one of these would work better?

Thanks,
    1loneultra

Attached Files:

14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Those should give you more then enough back pressure,
    :cool: