1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Snakes

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 27, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Some of my friends got together to ride yesterday around 5:30 threw the country where we live.
    We started off with 4 bikes and met another friend 50 miles away where we age. We left with 5 of us at sunset, we rode on threw the woods. We were riding around 9:00pm when the lead dude run over about a 6' snake that when he run over it the snake went up intp the air, bearly missing the dude and girl behind him and landed in front of my buddy who ran over it on a Classic and it threw it up into his crashbars. He kicked it loose and it landed on the road in front of me. I seen it striking at everything. I seerved to the left and picked my feet up. It looked like a rattle snake. My buddy behind me blew his fuse to his headlight and was runnign on running lights and never seen it.
    Did I ever say, I hate snakes.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, I'm not going to Texas. Ever.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Snakes are just self-propelled future hat-bands to me!
  4. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Two kind of snakes rattlers and cobras if its not rattling its a cobra so I sstay away:devil:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

there ain't nothin wrong with snakes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at a distance but seriously if you don't antagonize it it won't give you the time of day
  6. cardboard

Ain't been around too many cottin mouths huh ?
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wish somebody would have had a camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh geez, now cottonmouths. :eek: I was happy in NH - no poisonous snakes. Georgia was different, freaking copperheads everywhere, and you have to be real careful about jumping in a creek on a hot summer day because of those cottonmouths. I got stung by a scorpion in bed when I was pregnant. Hate those things too.
  9. chucktx

scorpion stings really sting!!!!!!!!!!!! i was wishin for a camera cause i was the last bike with no lights.....missed it all!!!!!!! saw something white being blown around in the road.....i thought it was a walmart bag......just wish i was smoking what everyone else was!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby I hate to tell you but they have rattlers in Colo as well I ran one over on I15 leaving the springs once seen it flip way up in my rear view on my shovel head
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I bet they're bigger in Texas though. :roflmao:
  12. Red Rider

I call "First Dibs" on any rattlers we run into on the Coronado Trail!;)
  13. cardboard

Ask Ricky what he was doing riding with a snake on his crash bars. It freaked him out.
    It was near dark , everything happened so fast there wasn't much time to think.
    But when it was on the ground in front of me, I freaked cause it looked like it was wanting to run and bite something at the same time.
    With a camera the old lady could of never gotten it up and took a picture, It happened that fast.

Did you figure out what was shortin yer head light out dude.
  14. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Well Red, I'm riding in the lead so I can throw it up on your bike. I'd love to see you whip out a gun and shoot that bad boy as it flies off my rear tire.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

any snake is big looking to me ,I don't care what state your in:roflmao: , & make sure you have a camara mounted backword so we can see Red's face when you flip one up at him:eek:
  16. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

isn't everything in tx, bigger:roflmao:
  17. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I know of one sawed off runt from TX. Been in DC for a while now, but the ego is FN Huge.
  18. chucktx

bare wire under the fairing.............
  19. Red Rider

Abby, I'm a fine shot but I don't think I'll be shooting any snake flying into me from your tire. Snakes don't slow bullets that much, and it'd be a bad trip if I plugged your reborn ride or you.

Nah, I'd go for the clutch hand catch on the fly, going for the tail so I could "crack the whip" and snap its neck - or even take the head clean off. That way there is more skin for the belt or band, too.
  20. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

when someone said what kind of snake is that Daddy called them copper-headed-rattle-moccasin wasn't real sure he didn't care it was a snake :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I personally like snakes My bro and I used to help supply one of the largest Snake round up in the country rite up there in Waurika OK average about 100,000 Lbs of live Snakes a year.