1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Snap-On Tool Box Truck

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 9, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Got a real treat tonight. Meant up with a friend and his wife for a BBQ dinner at Famous Dave's. He works for Snap On and had to drive his new Kenworth tool box truck to dinner as he was running late.
    Man, those tool boxes are high tech now compared to when I was sell tools. He follow a distributor to a business where a mechanic wants to see the tool boxes. Heavy gauge steel, well made and American made.
    One of the tool boxes on the right side (red) sells for 23,000 yea 23,000. You could buy a new Harley for that and it does not come with tools. His truck with tool boxes cost Snap On 250,000. Pretty cool truck.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

unbeleveable!! i couldnt afford those boxes back when i was pullin wrenches......have to take out a loan!!! i hope the pay scale is quite a bit more these days for the guys......
  3. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

ya im a tool box whore View attachment 5775 just got to stay awaw from the tool guys . there just as bad as harley dealers .lol
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. FLHTbiker

You bought one of those sets :eek: The price of that tool box is more than I paid for my first brand new 3 bedroom home on a 1/3 acre. :rolleyes:
    Course so was my Harley :)
  5. baggerpaul

yep and then i added two side units to it
  6. FLHTbiker

When I was selling MAC Tools I loved guys like you. :D
  7. baggerpaul

ya my snap on guy loves me i just got the new versus with a flat screen so that i can see the scope real big when i do dual trace patterns on sensors and what not , he says he needs 10 customers like me ! bastard he knows if i like it ill buy it . and if it makes my job easy he just leaves it on my box . does not even ask any more lol. if i dont like it he just picks it off the box next week. he is the only one when i wanted my twin cam tools from jim that went the extra route and got them and put them on my account . every one else said they could not get them !!! and he gave them to me at cost
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

he should give it to you free for the money you have spent with
    him.
  9. baggerpaul

you know jims proud of his tools they aint chep . them ineer and outer cam bearing installers are expensive . and the press jig aint cheap at all . he gives me updates and crap like that . and he helps me with other stuff that he should not warr and he does . he is a good tool man.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's good

I just use plyers, Allens, a couple of cheap sockets and a big hammer...
  11. FLHTbiker

You have a good tool man, and I can see you treat him good to. :D
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The dude I got to do Boat mechanic work with. He has a snap on toop box that is like 9' long and like 5' high or higher. Had all kinds of drawers.
    And he has all kinds of tool in it. Hes shorter than me and just about needed a stool to stand on to see the tools.
    I couldn't imagine moving it.
    He worked for boat dealerships for about 15 yrs or so. He used to pay the Snap on man about 250.00 or more a month. And was still buying tools.
    We have dropped several of them in the lake while workin on boats hangin over the water.
    Both of us has fallen out of boats and off ladders workin on boats in the water.
    We have magnets for some things.
    But you have to realize a lot of stuff that goes on boats is aluminum or stainless steel. Magnets don't pick them up.
    I accidently kicked a expensive set of Snap on channel lock pliers off the dock at a marina in 22' of water at CApe Royal Marina.
    Got a magnet and was lucky, I pulled them up off the bottom
    We've had a 14' almuminum ladder to fall off the back of a boat lift in the water in about 18' of water. We tied a claw hammer in a rope and I fished for it after the boss tried and I hooked it and pulled it up and was hollaring, man come over here and grab it. When it got close to the surface of the water, it got real heavy and I didn't want to drop it.
    Tough workin over water with tools and things.
  13. FLHTbiker

CB, I can't believe how cold it is there man 38F :eek:

Hire a wetback to dive for those tools, :D
  14. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Things happen, we just have to take it with the job and go on. Yer workin over water and its gonna happen no matter how hard you try.
    I was trying to climb in a big run about boat and had 8 spark plugs in my hand. When I jumped 3 of them hit the water. We had to drive to the store and git some more.
    We have dropped boat parts in the water.
    See customers drop things in the water. They learn to put floats on them.
    You got to realize. with waves, it makes current under the water. Where you dropped something it may not be there very long.
    I got see in eye glasses on the bottom also. Several pair. Went in after them, and never found them .
    We pull lower units on a ladder from one side of the boat dock to the other and have to git it from the ladder to the dock.
    Have come close to droppin it in the water, they are like 2600.00 up to 6500.00 and thats not with props.
    Got to expect it to happen when yer over the water alll the time.
    We've laid sockets and stuff on the dock and it fell threw the cracks in the boards and hit the water. Over man. Gone.
    We've dropped snap on wrenched i
    Some customers want us to git in the water and work in their boat.
    It ain't gonna happen.
  15. FLHTbiker

I wouldn't go in the water either, you boys got Crocks in them waters. :eek:
  16. chucktx

ya forgot duct tape and baling wire!!!!!!!!:D
  17. chucktx

gaters.............we got GATORS!!!:roflmao:
  18. FLHTbiker

:roflmao:Well they belong to the same family, so I was somewhat close. :D