1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Snow

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 23, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ken, i like the snow on the board......very cool!!!!:)
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The wife and I both said we'll never wish for another white Christmas. Expecting another 8 inches tomorrow. :mad:

However the snow flake effects on bike talk do look pretty cool.:)
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I don't think even Bing Crosby would be liking what you guys out on the coast are getting...Holy Cow. Victoria B C..on the island is usually the warmest and least snowed upon city in Canada has the most.....and more on the way. Spring's coming. The snow on the board is a nice touch though.
  4. FLHTbiker

Bob, I was out shoveling snow today down the driveway and the wife got pissed at me. She yelled at me that your 8 month out of open heart surgery what are you %$#@@@## doing out here. I told her its exercise, Doctors orders and feels good however the back muscles are a bit stiff tonight. :)

Ripped one of the tire chains off trying to get up it yesterday in four wheel low. Was spinning all four wheels pretty hard and almost went off the right side bank.

I'm ready for spring and to ride.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Marc you gotta break into that stuff easy...Your snow is usually wet and heavy when you get it. I'm sure your doctor didn't tell you to go out and shovel your driveway in one shot. The hospitals up this way get lots of business from guys shovelling snow. I'm in pretty good shape still but when the heart rate gets up a little high I back off a little now. I'm not a big fan of salt but If I lived at your place I'd be laying it down on the hill. You'll likely be really sore tomorrow...hi to Pat and Merry Christmas to her too.
  6. FLHTbiker

We tried the salt, didn't work. I shoveled for awhile stopped and rested then shoveled some more, worked OK. I actually feel a whole lot better with a lot more energy. They said on the news tonight that there were 6 deaths from heart attacks today while shoveling snow. The snow was a powder snow to start then a layer of 1/2 inch of ice then another layer of snow. Makes it real interesting shoveling it. They are talking rain this weekend with highs in the upper 30's then below freezing at night, real fun stuff to drive on. Should turn to all rain by next week.
  7. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

That is the primary reason I no longer live in Syracuse, NY. I got sick and tired of the snow. It sucks!!!:)

By the way, get a snow blower... easier on your back and your heart!!!:)
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It's so cute! On the board that is.

I hear they're getting a lot up in the mountains. Great for business I guess. We were supposed to get some but we didn't. I'm glad. I can see the beautiful snow covered Rockies from my bedroom and office windows. I don't need it underfoot or under tires.

No heart-attack deaths from shoveling!:rant:
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I like the snow on the board :cool: But like Abby I like to see it on the moutain tops reminds me of Home Alb NM :cool:
  10. FLHTbiker

We lost power again last night and all day more power poles down due to trees falling. We never get this kind of weather so never needed a snow blower. We are going to invest in a generator when they become available so we can at least run the pellet stove. They are now saying its the worst snow storm sense 1928, well don't know about that, wasn't around then. Went out and shoveled a wide path down the entire long driveway and don't need chains to get up it now. Feel pretty good and that's a good sign. We only had 30 inches but it pretty much crippled the entire area as they are not prepared for it. Hey we got power now and will get a hot shower tonight. :)